Head of Academic Programmes
Founded in 1975, Dublin Business School (DBS) is Ireland’s largest independent third-level college and provides a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, executive and professional programmes. The College is part of Kaplan Inc., the education division of The Graham Holdings Company and a leading international provider of higher education, professional development and lifelong learning programmes. As part of its continued development, DBS is now seeking an exceptional educational professional with the capability, vision and leadership skills to help oversee the future direction of the College.
DBS operates a College comprising different educational disciplines across Business, ICT, Humanities, Law and Arts, as well as a suite of professional accountancy courses and professional development diplomas. The role of Head of Academic Programmes encompasses responsibility for the leadership, development & management of all academic programmes. He/she will be a key member of the senior academic management at DBS.
The post holder will possess the following essential attributes.
- Qualified to Doctorate level or equivalent, or well advanced in Doctoral studies
- At least 5 years proven academic expertise and an employment background in a higher education environment
- An understanding of academic programme construct and delivery
- An understanding of academic regulations
- An understanding of customer service and an appreciation of the requirements of a private educational institution
- An empathy with the needs of students, both first-time college students and part-time students
- Experience of working with a broad range of stakeholders, at various levels within and external to an organisation, and the ability to foster and maintain relationships
- Confident in approach and demeanour.
The following are the desirable attributes for this role
- Experience of a similar role in a higher education context
- A working knowledge of the Moodle learning environment or a similar online learning platform
- Commercial acumen.
This challenging role provides the opportunity to work with one of the world’s largest and most diverse education providers. Remuneration for this role will reﬂect the seniority of the post.
Further details on this significant opportunity, including remuneration, duties and responsibilities, are available upon request.
JOB LOCATION: Dublin
To apply, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to: email@example.com - click APPLY.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Seán at + 353 (0) 87 7961062
Candidates for this post will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes
CLOSING DATE OF CAMPAIGN: Friday 15th June 2018