Principal Data Scientist - Director
My client fortune 500 company with a long presence in Ireland is expanding and is currently looking for Principal Data Scientist to work at Director level to head up its expanding Data Science team.
The role requires a rare combination of deep and sophisticated analytical expertise; business acumen; strategic mind set; client, relationship, and project management; and a passion for building new capabilities, and teams. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new strategic initiative that will evolve and grow over time. One of the primary responsibilities for this position includes building the framework for, as well as sourcing, leading and presenting forward-thinking, high-impact Data Analytics projects focused on supporting key strategic initiatives. This is a very hands-on role, with adequate opportunities to coach, mentor and develop junior team members.
- Work closely with businesses to identify and prioritize Data Analytics needs and plan and execute practical, high-impact projects and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders and in-depth knowledge of the business success drivers, industry trends, regulatory issues, and the competitive marketplace.
- Translate business problems into detailed analytical solutions.
- Building best-in-class predictive models and decision tools to address business needs by leveraging state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical algorithms.
- Demonstrate and maintain in-depth knowledge of the business success drivers, industry trends, regulatory issues, and the competitive marketplace.
- Focus on arming business partners with fact-based decision making and enabling them to quickly and nimbly make changes, as appropriate, that may affect diverse business areas, from customer behaviour to risk management, to pricing and other business strategies
- Communicate findings in to key stakeholders, leaders and team members from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Keeping pace with developments in the analytics field and actively seeking out novel methodologies and technologies.
- Manage project plans, timelines, and client relationships to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality, on time and within budget.
- Hire & develop a team of best-in-class analytics professionals; mentor junior staff; create learning & development opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Expertise in statistical modelling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, generalized linear models, tree models (CART, MART), data visualization, cluster analysis, principal components and feature creation, validation.
- Programming experience with R/Python/SAS/SQL and/or other relevant languages (e.g. Java, Pig, Scala, C#).
- Ability to train, develop, and teach more junior data scientists.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, with ability to present and explain data to business managers, with fluency in Microsoft business applications (Word/PowerPoint/Excel).
- Project management experience.
- Some prior exposure to financial services or insurance industry desired.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Hands-on experience applying a wide variety of statistical machine learning techniques to real world problems spanning analysis, predictive modelling and optimization on structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with (near) real-time decision engines and big data platforms (e.g. Spark).
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a quantitative discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in data analytics field including leading modelling projects and seeing them through to production.
- Financial services industry experience, with understanding of both retail and institutional businesses preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams, budgets and schedules.
Permanent Role, North West Ireland,
Benefits include; Pension Scheme, Health Insurance, Long Term
Disability Plan, Life Assurance, Performance Related Pay, Company Bonus Scheme, 21 days Annual Leave plus additional Service Leave. Continuous Training and Development, Educational Assistance, Relocation, Employee Assistance Programme, Rewards & Recognition Programme, and Employee Share Participation Scheme. They also operate Family Friendly Working Policies such as Teleworking and Variable Working Hours. Excellent room for promotion and to learn, competitive package and salary
Please do not hesitate to Contact David Coyle at 01 6351748 or click APPLY.