Chief Executive Officer
Who we are:
Cowper Care Centre DAC is a not-for-profit organisation that forms part of the Church of Ireland’s community response to the care needs of older persons in the Dublin area. We provide a care service to people of all faiths and none. We operate three large Care Centres for older people across the Dublin region, the Company employs in excess of 170 staff across these centres.
All of our centres are registered by the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) and accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) – an international health quality standards organisation.
We are seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer following the retirement of our founding Chief Executive after 20 years with the Company. We need an experienced, capable and motivated executive to continue to support the growth of the Company.
The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the day to day running of the organisation. Therefore, they need to have significant operational management experience, substantial evidence of strategic leadership and a capacity to motivate and manage a senior management team.
Purpose of the role:
To ensure high quality care is provided to all residents of Cowper Care in line with the organisation’s Mission and Values. This includes ensuring the effective management of clinical care and support services provided within Cowper Care and guiding, leading and managing the business of the organisation, its assets and resources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support and advise the Board of Directors in the Governance and Management of the Company.
- Ensure that the provision of a high standard of care to all residents in Cowper Care is consistent with the mission, vision, values and service plan of Cowper Care.
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Registered Provider in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA).
- Liaise and engage proactively with Joint Commission International ensuring continuing compliance with their standards and maintaining the organisation’s accreditation.
- Ensure the Company’s continuing compliance with the requirements of the Charities Regulator.
- Liaise with external organisations in order to promote and maintain good working relationships and high standards of care and service for residents.
- Ensure the continuing financial viability of the Company.
- Provide an effective and accessible complaints policy which includes an appeals procedure.
- Support the role of the Clinical Director and the Services and Facilities Manager (Heads of Service) in the day to day operation of the Care Centres.
- Ensure that there is a clearly defined management structure that identifies the specific roles and detailed responsibilities for care provision within Cowper Care.
- Ensure the service provided is safe, appropriate, consistent and effectively monitored.
- Be responsible for the development and oversight of appropriate policies and procedures in Cowper Care and ensure that these are fit for purpose and available to staff.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- 10 or more years of progressive management experience in a voluntary sector and/or healthcare organisation.
- Knowledge of all legislation applicable to voluntary sector organisations including: employment standards, occupational health and safety, charities, taxation, health coverage etc.
- Track record leading in an area subject to significant governance and regulatory responsibilities.
- Financial management experience at a senior level and at a comparable scale to the organisation.
- The ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously using modern project management methods.
- Experience in motivating, organising and managing a large workforce.
- Experience in providing strategic leadership to an organisation over an extended period of time.
- Knowledge of the organisation of health services and trends nationally and internationally.
The Chief Executive Officer should demonstrate competence in the following core aptitudes:
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation.
- Make Decisions: assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the organisation.
- Organise: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track details, data, information and activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Think Strategically: Assess options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment and the vision and values of the organisation.
Terms and Conditions:
The remuneration for the role will be appropriate to the seniority of the role and to the scale of the organisation. It will be dependent on the experience and track record of the successful candidate.
Cowper Care Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter to Mr Colin Feely, Partner, Grant Thornton at email@example.com (click APPLY). The cover letter should demonstrate the motivation of the candidate in applying for the role and an overview of what attributes and experiences they feel equip them for the role of Chief Executive.
Applications will close on the June 22nd, 2018.