Director of Operations (DOO)
Virtue Integrated Elder Care are a leading provider of elderly care services in Ireland and operate nursing homes in South County Dublin and County Wicklow.
The DOO will report directly to the Chief Operation Officer (COO)
Objective of Role
- The Director of Operations will be responsible for assisting the COO to coordinate activities in progressing, in a planned manner, the vision, mission, aims and objectives of Virtue. This will require the ability to contribute in an informed manner to strategic planning activities.
- The Director of Operations will be responsible for ensuring fluid and effective prioritisation of activities across the company. This includes the ability, from a position of oversight, to govern and manage in a timely manner, the efficient and effective collaboration and integration between support pillar activities and core pillar activities.
- The Director of Operations will be comfortable working under pressure and in partnership across all functions of the company, financial and operational, encompassing effective internal and external relationships.
- The Director of Operations will be required to uphold and promote the principles of effective governance by executing effectively the company’s Governance and Management policies, procedures and directives.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Director of Operations will be responsible for achieving the following key outcomes:
- Financial Performance
- Strategic Focus
- New Service Development
- Support for Operations Manager and Person in Charge
- Home Managers Quarterly Reviews
- Change Management
- Human Resources:
- Family Communication & Relationship
- Weekly/Monthly Reporting
- Systems & Technology
Essential skills, competencies and/or professional knowledge
1. Knowledge of Residential Care legislation and standards
2. Knowledge of other relevant legislation
- General Data Protection Regulations
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2005 & 2007
- Employment Equality Act 1998-2015
- Freedom of Information Act 2014
- Nurses and Midwives Act 2011
3. Key requirements
- Demonstrate sound working knowledge of current best practice together with trends in Care of Older Persons and long-term care.
- Show evidence of current legislative policies pertinent to Care of the Older Persons and long-term care.
- Knowledge and competence to practice effectively through Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Educated in or familiar with the core concepts and methods of quality improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the scope of practice for all Health and Social Care Professionals.
4. Knowledge of relevant guidance:
- Judgment and Assessment Framework 2018
- HSE National Safeguarding 2014
- Restrictive practice
- Fire Safety
- Knowledge of organisation of health services and trends nationally and internationally.
- Ability to source both theoretical and technical information and to adapt and apply to context.
For a detailed job description or to discuss further please contact Conor Keating - firstname.lastname@example.org (Click APPLY)
Apply for Director of Operations (DOO)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly