SAP Ariba P2P Consultant
SAP Ariba P2P Consultant
At Glanbia Business Services (GBS), the Global IT and Finance Shared Services division of Glanbia, we currently have an opportunity for a SAP Ariba P2P Consultant with experience of the Ariba platform to join our team. This is a permanent position, based in Citywest, Dublin 24 and will report to the Senior Manager, SCM Centre of Excellence.
Glanbia have recently implemented the SAP Ariba cloud-based procurement solution integrated to our back-end SAP ERP system, and are working through a global deployment programme. The SAP Ariba solution scope as implemented includes:
- eSourcing and Contract management for direct materials
- Purchase to Order (P2O) PO and Invoice automation
- Catalogue management for non-stock items and services purchased on P2O
- Supplier Information and Performance Management (SIPM) for direct materials
- Supplier enablement via Ariba Network for invoice automation
- Standard SAP Ariba integration between SAP Ariba and core SAP transaction system
In order to ensure that we have sufficient bandwidth to deal with the Ariba-related work programme, along with ongoing projects and change requests in the SAP MM module, we are looking for an additional Senior Business analyst to join our team.
Key deliverables of the role – working as part of the existing SAP / Ariba P2P team
- Assisting with the ongoing support of the Ariba platform including assessment, application and testing of monthly releases.
- Partnering with both internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot issues and drive resolution.
- Liaising with SAP Ariba on Service Requests and Customer Enhancement ideas, and ensuring that key business requirements are captured and appropriately actioned.
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to drive business benefits from the SAP Ariba procurement and sourcing solutions.
- Assessment of support calls and change requests, and execution of approved developments in line with best-practice.
- Creating techno-functional specifications for communication with programmers and liaising directly with programmers on development, unit testing etc.
- Providing systems support to the ongoing SAP Ariba global deployment programme.
- Assessment of future functional enhancements to the Ariba platform, and working in conjunction with the business stakeholders to design and deliver agreed enhancements.
- Suggesting and championing improvements in SAP Ariba configuration and ERP integration based on specific scenarios / issues, and leveraging past experience.
- Management of new user requests, and of Ariba roles and authorisations
- Co-ordinating test cycles with the business key users as required.
- Create and update detailed documentation for the administration of the SAP Ariba system.
- Actively work to champion adoption of the procure-to-pay systems, processes and best practices throughout the organisation.
- Drive process improvement and actively participates in defining program priorities.
- Technical mentoring and development of graduates and new joiners to the team when required.
- Some travel to project locations will be required as part of the role.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Business or related discipline
Skills & experience
- 5+ years’ business systems analyst experience in the procure to pay area, ideally in an SAP-based ERP environment – ideally including SAP MM configuration and development experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in hands-on configuration and development roles within the Ariba application modules as listed above.
- Understanding of procurement, accounts payable and general finance/business best practices and interdependencies.
- Strong Knowledge of procure-to-pay workflow and configuration
- Demonstrable complex problem solving skills and attention to detail
- History of participating in P2P process improvement by identifying opportunities, proposing solutions and driving change.
- Ability to display a high degree of professionalism in dealing with managers and users.
- Technically and commercially focused, high levels of enthusiasm and energy.
- A team player who has the ability to motivate others, making it fun while getting the job done.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement and the challenge to make it better.