Group Internal Audit Manager
Group Internal Audit Manager (Chicago)
Glanbia Plc is currently seeking to recruit a Group Internal Audit Manager based in our Chicago offices. This is a permanent position and will report to the Senior Internal Audit Manager who is based in our Dublin Corporate Offices. This Group Internal Audit Manager position will be expected to play a leading role in the delivery of the Internal Audit plan and in driving regulatory and Group policy compliance across the organization.
Key Elements of the Role
- Lead and manage business unit reviews/audits in accordance with the Group Internal Audit plan under the following main headings:
- Review adequacy of internal controls and management reporting systems;
- Assess effectiveness and efficiency of business and administration procedures; and
- Review compliance with Group Policies and Procedures.
- Managing the local audit team resources in Chicago in the delivery of individual engagements and in their performance development plans.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the Group’s operations in order to identify and monitor the key risks facing the Group.
- Presenting findings to local management and, when appropriate, negotiating changes to existing procedures.
- Key Internal Audit point of contact for US Business Unit engagement.
- Performing ad-hoc special projects as directed by the Group Head of Internal Audit and/or Senior IA Manager
- Higher Level degree in relevant discipline: Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, or CIA
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ post qualification experience gained in a similar role
- Experience in Internal Audit will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience using TeamMate (audit management software) is desirable.
- Comprehensive understanding of risk and internal controls.
- Good commercial acumen and well-developed IT skills.
- Excellent people management skills and a proven ability to deliver in a collaborative and diverse work environment with colleagues in multiple locations.
- The ability to work at times in an autonomous fashion, and comfortable with the required flexibility of reporting to HQ in Ireland from a US base.
- SAP & FMCG experience – desirable but not essential.
- Experience using SAP Business Intelligence and data analytic tools is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong corporate report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with sound judgment ability and unquestionable integrity required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to effectively challenge and influence Business Unit management.
- The ability to contribute well in a team environment, lead audit engagements, and present independently to Senior Management within the organisation.
- Flexibility – the role will have up to 30% travel, primarily but not exclusively, within the US.