Head of Operations
The Financial Services Union (FSU) is a leading Trade Union representing staff in the financial services sector, with members located in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britain. The FSU is determined to build on its proud history, grow its membership and influence in traditional and emerging financial services businesses, so that it can win for workers and their families.
With this in mind, the FSU is seeking a Head of Operations to join its Executive Management Team. Reporting directly to the FSU’s new General Secretary Dermot Ryan, this is a hugely exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced operations professional with a passion and desire to use their skills and experience to achieve fairness at work and in the community.
The main focus of the role is to ensure that all Union operations are run in an efficient and cost-effective manner to support our strategic campaigning and industrial relations goals:
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the Union’s mission, specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organisational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Oversee the ongoing development and implementation of policies and procedures for staff, and work with the General Secretary to advise on and implement policies and procedures for elected officers.
- Direct relevant staff to ensure that the Union meets its statutory and regulatory requirements and drive a culture in the organisation of ‘continuous improvement’.
- Devise and implement a strategic approach to organisational risk, with an emphasis on creating a strong culture of risk management.
- Give strategic direction to our financial team and lead the Union’s budgeting culture.
- Oversee the delivery of human resources management.
- Oversee the Union’s investment management strategy and ensure we are maximising benefits for members and our campaigning agenda.
- Act as a senior advisor to the General Secretary and when relevant, the elected officers of the FSU.
- As a member of the Union’s Executive Management Team, you will have significant responsibility for staff culture, leadership, and will work in a collaborative manner with other members of the Team.
- Build collegiate and respectful relationships with the Union’s elected officers, General Council, member representatives and individual members.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Experience in a senior operations role in a, not-for-profit, Trade Union or business environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including demonstrated ability to write and deliver reports and draft internal and external communications.
- A commitment to Trade Union values.
- The role will be based in our national office in Dublin, with some travel.
If you are are passionate about justice, fairness and workers’ rights, please apply by emailing: email@example.com (click APPLY) with a Cover Letter and CV (both in PDF format), outlining your vision for the role to: Dermot Ryan, General Secretary.
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 31 May 2018.