Design & Support Engineer
DESIGN & SUPPORT ENGINEER
Operations and Navigation Services Department
We are currently recruiting an experienced and dynamic Design & Support Engineer to join in leading our Engineering Design Team.
Irish Lights is a modern maritime organisation delivering an essential safety service around the coast of Ireland, protecting the marine environment, and supporting the marine industry and coastal communities. See our website www.irishlights.ie for further details.
The Design & Support Engineer will report to the Operations Engineering Managers and will be based in our Dun Laoghaire Office. Periodic travel around the coast will be required. Occasional travel abroad will also be required.
The successful candidate will join a focused team working on a variety of projects in the marine environment. In conjunction with your colleagues and engineering manager, you will be tasked with taking the lead on design, technical proposals and developing innovative solutions.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer, or close to achieving chartership
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant technical experience in a design environment coming from an electrical consultancy background, ideally in areas such as renewable energy, electrical installations, control systems and modern light technology
- Strong people and stakeholder management
- Proven track record in delivering project designs, specifications and contract documents
- Forward thinking with a focus on future technical developments and advancement
For a candidate briefing pack please contact Robert Hudson, Human Resources Manager, Commissioners of Irish Lights, Harbour Road, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin or click APPLY.
Closing date for applications is 18 May 2018.