Global Category Manager
The Global Category Manager has a direct influence on business results with an annual spend of over $320 million. This role will engage with senior leadership to understand business requirements and ultimately define the supply and sourcing strategy for displays and touch panels, mobile multimedia, camera lenses and other infotainment related categories.
This role is an integral part of the Strategic Sourcing organisation based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Identify/acquire product line and corporate business requirements
- Achieve targeted category material cost performance for product lines
- Participate in relevant engineering "future direction" strategy groups
- Develop and maintain robust category strategy; globally and by region
- Ensure volume leverage, supply base optimisation, and supply base competitiveness
- Qualify/select/approve suppliers for CASL (category approved supplier list)
- Identify and introduce supplier innovation
- Build and maintain major cross product line supplier and CASL relationships, leading major cross-product line negotiations as required
- Lead negotiations of corporate-wide supplier contracts/CASL suppliers including, but not limited to, payment terms and Master Terms & Conditions
- Monitor supplier performance and reevaluate capabilities
- Create, lead and monitor supplier development/improvement plans
- Ensure sourcing excellence and internal controls
- Promote cost management activities
- Identify, develop and promote talent in the organisation
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
Apply for Global Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly