Senior Production Manager
Looking for a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Production Manager in the Pharmaceutical Industry?
The role will report to Production Director of Ireland and will manage a team of 30+ employees inclusive of operators, supervisors and managers.
After a long conversation with the hiring manager, the ideal candidate will have a high level of continuous improvement experience in their career history, holding a Black Belt qualification would be great. Leadership experience working within the Pharmaceutical industry is a necessity for this role.
- Manage and organise effectively the day-to-day bulk manufacturing activities on site
- Deliver production targets within budget and on time
- Comply with Health & Safety, Environmental and cGMP regulations and company standards. Develop a safety first culture within bulk operators. Work relentlessly to fix safety risks.
- Continuously improve the manufacturing cost structure so that a lean operation develops and the site becomes a world-class manufacturer of topical products
- Develop a continuous improvement culture within bulk manufacturing through use of structured problem solving, visual management and coaching of supervisors.
- Continuously seek and execute opportunities to exploit additional capacity within bulk operations.
- Drive improvements in quality systems and foster a right-first-time approach to manufacturing
- Contribute actively to cross-departmental projects and initiatives so that a high-performing operations team emerges
- Liaise closely with the Manufacturing Science and Technology department so that new topical products and processes are transferred from Development in a fast and professional manner
- Work closely with the Human Resource Department and Union bodies to enhance the industrial relations climate in Dublin and foster a "can do" attitude at all levels on site.
- Provide strong leadership and coaching so that all business unit personnel actively support activities that improve performance
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.