Data Analytics Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
The Technological Higher Education Association (THEA) is the representative body for the 14 Institutes of Technology (IoTs) in Ireland (Athlone, Blanchardstown, Carlow, Cork, Dublin Institute of Technology, Dundalk, Galway/Mayo, IADT, Letterkenny, Limerick, Sligo, Tallaght, Tralee and Waterford). In addition to its representational role, THEA also undertakes policy research and provides services to the sector. THEA is now seeking to appoint a Data Analytics Officer who will report to the Chief Executive of THEA, and who will support the THEA executive in promoting strategic, data-driven decision-making, and in building a profile of data from across the Technological Higher Education sector. Specific duties will include:
- Implementing key data development and knowledge management projects identified by the sector, including:
- Longitudinal Study of Retention of Level 6 and Level 7 students in the IoTs
- Financial Performance of IoTs
- Benchmarking for System Performance and Quality Assurance
- Developing/managing statistical databases for the Technological Higher Education sector
- Compiling statistical information for the purpose of institutional profiling and performance
- Providing as appropriate data and other evidence to institutes of technology and THEA senior management in support of their functions
- Advising on, and supporting the Technological Sector’s participation in key national surveys relating to higher education, including ISSE, the national employer survey and the graduate outcomes survey
The person appointed will have:
- An appropriate third-level qualification at Level 8 or above in one of the following disciplines: mathematics, social policy, economics, sociology, science, politics, statistics or a related discipline
- A proven track record in his/her ability to conduct analysis on large data sets and present find ings to stakeholders
- Project and programme management experience, and experience in establishing and operating information systems
- Familiarity with the operation of the third-level sector in Ireland and/or abroad
- Strong knowledge of statistical information gathering and analysis and statistical packages such as SPSS
- Proven leadership ability, excellent communication skills, good judgement and analytical skills and a results-focus.
A knowledge of database management and development is also desirable.
This is a full-time, 3 year contract post, and offers an excellent career opportunity for a positive, innovative and dynamic professional, with an attractive remuneration package on offer for the right candidate.
Please forward in confidence, no later than 5 p.m. on Thursday 24 May 2018, a curriculum vitae with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the post - click APPLY.
THEA is an equal opportunities employer. Shortlisting of candidates may take place.
Apply for Data Analytics Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly