Legal Business Development Executive
This role would ideally suit an experienced lawyer seeking a career change to a non fee earning position.
The role is part time and hours can be negotiated to suit the individual – a minimum of 21 hours per week. Regular engagement outside office hours is not anticipated, but there will be some, very limited, need to attend firm and other events.
- Supporting fee earning teams in pitches, bids and tenders;
- Making proactive new business approaches within the market;
- Regular liaison with Partners and senior team members to understand business development priorities and to identify and support opportunities for growth;
- Assist in the production of client marketing materials and other publications;
- Providing support to the various teams by ensuring consistency of message, output and approach;
- Liaising with external public relations consultants to enhance the firm’s public presence;
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of the firm's Irish, and international offering, in order to effectively represent the firm to clients and to identify cross selling opportunities across the firm;
- Ownership of the relationship between the Dublin office and the firm's central Clients and Markets function;
- Supervision of a marketing junior is a future possibility.
- A qualified solicitor with experience in either private practice or an in-house environment (private practice experience would be advantageous);
- Must have an aptitude, and enthusiasm, for undertaking business development activity;
- A thorough understanding of the Dublin legal market is a 'must';
- Experience in creating bids and tenders documentation would be advantageous;
- Must be proactive and a self-starter
About the firm
DAC Beachcroft Dublin is part of DAC Beachcroft LLP – an international law firm comprising in excess of 2,500 staff and benefiting from the depth and reach of a legal network with coverage across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and North America.
The firm specialises in insurance, (to include professional indemnity, defendant personal injury and healthcare), commercial litigation, employment, regulatory, professional and public law work.
We have won the "Gold Standard for Investors in People" award. Not only do we strive to provide an outstanding client experience, but we work hard at providing a welcoming, encouraging, supportive and inclusive environment for our highly valued staff.
This position represents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and dynamic law firm in the city centre and become part of a growing team.
The closing date for all applications is 23rd of April.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.