3 days left
- Full Time
Who are we?
AIPCA is the largest body of professional accountants, combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) to power opportunity, trust and prosperity for people, businesses and economies worldwide.
Create and maintain the conditions necessary to deliver The Association’s strategy in Ireland. This will be done through effective management of the staff team in Dublin and Northern Ireland, effective stakeholder and customer engagement, commitment to top quality service delivery and key relationship management both within and external to the Association. As a leader of The Association in Ireland, the role will also have representative responsibilities.
- Devise a tasked based strategic plan for Ireland (comprising the Republic of Ireland and the Northern Ireland markets), to marshal implementation of the plan, direct activity, manage operations and drive the achievement of The Association’s strategic objectives for Ireland.
- Work with Ireland’s Network Panel of members and other advocates in Ireland and align their voluntary endeavors in support of the achievement of business KPIs.
- Manage ongoing interactions with the Ireland Network Panel and the four Area Committees, as required.
- Manage and develop relationships with senior representatives in target employers in Ireland and utilize this network to enhance the flow of incoming new students, increase commercial sales revenues, promote advocacy and create linkage between employers, students and academic institutions.
- Deliver Ireland’s statutory, technical and compliance related obligations in the Republic of Ireland and represent the institute in its dealings with regulatory and compliance agencies (CRO, IAASA and ODCE), the Revenue authorities, the Department of Education and Skills and the CCAB-I.
- To manage and develop senior level relationships with relevant Government Departments and State Agencies across Ireland north and south.
- Efficient management and use of resources to meet Ireland’s annual financial contribution target.
- Devise and implement a multi-faceted marketing strategy to promote the professional qualification and CGMA designation to multiple audiences in Ireland north and south.
- Ensure that all direct reports have the desired level of skills, knowledge and attributes to achieve Ireland’s KPIs, targets and strategic objectives. Address any performance issues so that achievement of challenging objectives is not compromised.
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Significant people management experience, in particular managing and motivating teams engaged in diverse activities focused on a common goal.
- Significant management, operational and business development experience, with a good track record of working at a senior managerial level.
- Strong knowledge of the professional and business concerns of management accountants and a proactive approach to meeting those needs.
- Strong understanding of the Irish business environment and a commitment to enhance The Association’s position as a player within that environment,
- Experience in a senior marketing or business development role, preferably within the education/training sector or a professional/membership body.
- Honours level graduate (in commerce, management or business related subject) from a recognised university is essential; post graduate masters qualification in business related subject or relevant professional qualification is desirable.
- Experience and understanding of the workings of regulatory and compliance bodies would be advantageous.
Apply for Associate Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly