AR & VR development studio, WarDucks, is looking for an experienced Game Designer for their Dublin based office.
In this role, you would be responsible for establishing the vision of the game through collaboration with the team. Tasks include idea generation, developing gameplay and storylines, creating documentation, game balancing, and overall supervision of all game aspects. This is a senior role for an experienced game designer who will have a lot of responsibility and input into existing and future titles.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing game elements during entire project lifecycle from concept to implementation and release
- Design, define, and maintain all game mechanics, gameplay, characters, storylines, text, dialogue, etc.
- Leading idea generation and idea pitches
- Creating game design docs
- Communicating game design clearly to both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with art, animation, development, and sound team members to achieve a top-of-class, immersive experience
- Assist with UI design, interactions, and layouts
- Oversee testing to identify and resolve game design and balancing issues
- Contribute to scheduling and time management
- 5+ years in the video game industry as a mobile game designer with a proven track record.
- Has successfully overseen multiple games as a game designer
- Understanding of the overall game market
- Passionate and excited about the VR and AR industry
- 5+ years experience in mobile and Free to Play gaming.
- Ability to adapt and work with a fast-paced growing team
- Desire to work in a creative and innovative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong creative ability.
- A passion for games.
- Analytical reviewing & reporting capabilities
If you are interested please contact us by sending us your CV and a brief overview of yourself and your experience - click APPLY