Senior Risk/Compliance Expert
Senior Risk/Compliance Expert wanted for Insurance Policy Specialist Role-Dublin City.
Abrivia are currently recruiting for an individual with a strong background in a Senior Risk or Compliance role to join our client within their Insurance Policy team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years prior experience working in a senior role within Insurance and they will have an excellent knowledge of both European and Irish Financial legislative and regulatory framework.
- Responsible for contributing to the development of local and European risk policy in a timely manner
- Ensure that this policy is implemented nationally and at a high level
- Provide expert advice both internally and externally in relation to Insurance Risk
- Help to create a technically accurate and prudentially sound regulatory framework
- Work on relevant European sub committees
- Provide technical briefings and recommendations to senior management
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders and develop strong working relationships
- Third level honours degree in any subject indicating strong analytical, judgement and compositional skills or professional qualification preferably in law, finance, economics, risk, accounting, business or any related professional discipline with evidence of strong professional training performance.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a legal/policy, prudential supervision or management role related to insurance risk.
- A very strong knowledge and understanding of the European and Irish financial legislative and regulatory framework.
- Expert technical knowledge of the insurance risk area.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong drafting (with an emphasis on legal drafting) and presentation skills.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level both internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to motivate and develop others.
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV or alternatively call Tadhg at 01 9052560. Applications are in strict confidence.