Head of HR and Central Services
Fáilte Ireland is currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated and energetic executive to join its management team with specific responsibility for developing and leading the Human Resource Strategy & Central Services portfolio across Fáilte Ireland. This is a high profile rewarding role, ideally suited to an individual with a successful track record of accomplishment in Human Resource Management.
Lead the development and implementation of the Human Resource Strategy and Central Services portfolio for Fáilte Ireland ensuring the organisation is well positioned to deliver effectively on the needs and expectations of its many stakeholders. The successful candidate will provide HR consultancy, support & leadership across the organisation.
Central Services manages the organisation’s property portfolio, including acquisitions, disposals, maintenance, repairs and up-grades. It is responsible for managing all health & safety requirements at Fáilte Ireland properties for staff and visitors. Central Services is also responsible for managing capital budget outlay in regards to the property and office portfolio of the organisation. The business unit liaises on property and visitor attraction related issues with relevant Government Departments’ and agencies.
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities
- Champion Human Resource Management best practice across the organisation
- Design and implement Capability Development Strategies for management & staff such as Greenline and 360 feedback
- Oversight of the effective implementation of the Performance Management Development system in the organisation
- Design and deliver a HR strategy to support the organisational strategy of Fáilte Ireland by developing our human capital and ensuring the conditions are in place to foster agility in our operations
- Ensure that all HR supports are aligned with Fáilte Ireland Strategy
- Maintain an up-to-date framework of HR policies and procedures, to enable Fáilte
Ireland to employ, engage, develop and manage its people in accordance with its strategy as well as employment law.
- Support managers and staff to understand and implement HR policies and procedures
- Ensure that accurate HR data and analysis is made available to Management to support key business decisions
- Proactively advise the Senior Management team on emerging HR trends and practices that could affect Fáilte Ireland
- Drive and shape the organisational culture that supports high performance and organisational effectiveness building a ‘Great Place to Work’ organisation
- Work closely with business leaders to identify ‘high potentials’ and develop a comprehensive Succession Planning Strategy to retain and develop key personnel
- Develop and Manage IR Strategy and engage proactively with Staff representatives
- Plan and coordinate HR deliverables and build a strong HR business partnership with all internal divisions and project teams
- Design and implement an Organisational Learning and Development Strategy based on robust training needs analysis
- Deliver practical OD support for all major change programmes
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues
- Ensure all HR records are GDPR compliant
- Lead the HR and Central Services teams by providing absolute clarity around the strategic direction of Fáilte Ireland and as a subset of this ensure all HR team members are clear about their value proposition opposite their business partners
- Effectively evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor the activities of the team
- Facilitate a fair and optimal distribution of work across the team
- Conduct Performance Reviews in line with Fáilte Ireland policy
- Proactively develop the skills of the team to maximise their potential
- Coach and mentor the HR team in managing their Key stakeholders
- Procure and manage a panel of expert 3rd party providers to support the delivery of the HR Strategy
- Manage budgets and procurement processes within Fáilte Ireland policy
- Responsible for managing all health & safety requirements at Fáilte Ireland properties for staff and visitors
- Responsible for managing capital budget outlay (currently €3.75m) in regards to the property and office portfolio across up to 32 employee based offices and other properties
- Liaise on property and visitor attraction related issues with relevant Government Departments’ and agencies
Payroll and Pensions Administration
- Collaborate with the Head of Finance in ensuring management of all aspects of payroll including record keeping, accuracy, effectiveness and timeliness of a monthly payroll for 350 employees and 350 pensioners
- Manage third party pension’s administrator to ensure scheme administration is accurate, timely and in line with Government Policy
- Provide HR expertise and knowledge to the Management Advisory Committee (MAC) for the development of Fáilte Ireland Strategy and business plans particularly with regard to staff resource allocation people development
- Actively acquire feedback from stakeholders and communicate to the organisation, to inform policy and strategic direction
- Lead or support the leadership of Corporate Change projects, working across functional and divisional boundaries
- Communicate Fáilte Ireland’s strategy to key stakeholders and third party providers
- Carry out all other duties as required
* The successful candidate will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government policy.
A degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management
The successful candidate will have a minimum of at least 5 years’ experience of working in a HR function in a management role. This should include the application of an in-depth knowledge and implementation of coaching and partnering with business partners, performance management and change management.
- CIPD Membership
- An understanding of public sector Human Resource rules, regulations and payroll practices
- Experience of managing a property portfolio and associated health and safety compliance
- Planning and Resource Management
- Relationship Management
- Business Communication (written and oral)
- Leadership through change
We may ask applicants to complete online psychometric assessment(s) as a means of processing to the next stage of the process.