Senior Manager General Accounting and Employee Expenses
The role of the Senior Manager will be to lead the General Accounting and Employee Expenses team. The successful candidate is responsible for the overall service delivery as well as the continuous improvement agenda for the teams.
The successful candidate is responsible for the overall service delivery as well as the continuous improvement agenda for the teams. The successful candidate will work with the business to maintain a team of highly motivated manager and employees and be responsible for the technical and operational aspects of their operations.
Responsibilities Ownership and Accountability
- Leadership of the General accounting organization including Core GA, VAT, Fixed Assets and Employee Expenses with specific responsibility for;
- Appropriate resource allocation and organizational design
- Talent development Excellence in compliance, service delivery and customer experience
- Optimisation of service delivery portfolio
- Service delivery of relevant outsource parties such as HP and CWT
- Lead a culture of strong engagement within the General Accounting Team by being an approachable and supportive leader of an organization of approx. 100 employees including;
- Maximise employee engagement and ensuring employees are appropriately supported and valued by their management teams
- Maintain a sense of purpose and belonging for each employee and ensure they are clear on how their individual contributions support the overall success of the company.
- Leading a culture of "Connecting with People" through the management team
- Key business partner for the Financial controllers within the region including;
- Relationship building and stakeholder management
- Escalation point for resolution of significant operational issues
- Building strong relationships with EY team for delivery of efficient group and stat audits
- Key business partner for the hosted function teams including CAS (Corporate Audit Services) and FCO (Financial Controls Office) including
- Business partner for the teams direct reporting line management
- Point of contact and support locally for the teams
Influence and drive Process Improvement and Efficiency
- Responsibility for developing an effective Continuous improvement culture across the team in line with overall strategy
- Work with the GA Global Process Owner to drive improvement in the global processes for the benefit of Cork and beyond
- Lead Compliance as a fundamental foundation stone of the teams ensuring that the process teams are Audit Ready always
- Responsibility for delivering on GBS business plan targets
- Qualified Chartered/Public Accountant - Preferably Big 4 Trained with a minimum of 10 years financial reporting experience including 4/5 years Public Accounting/Audit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multinational SSC or equivalent environment
- Demonstrated experience in Supervision/People Development
- Strong Leaderships skills essential
- Performance driven - seeks and acts on results
- Compliance and controls experience an advantage
- Significant US multinational reporting experience, ideally in a European Reporting centre environment
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS accounting standards
- Some travel may be required to support business needs
- High self-awareness and ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment, strong communicating skills essential
- Self-motivated professional with excellent customer service and strong working/team building relationship skills
- Has the ability to influence and establish credibility, trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders and colleagues and is able to work as a member of a team.
- Has the ability to recognise changing needs and pre-prioritize activities accordingly, is able to complete assigned projects and meet defined objectives and milestones
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Independent forward thinker on process improvement; continuously looks for ways to improve our service level and how we do things today.
- Capable of problem solving and conflict resolution
- Develop and deliver presentations and training
- Works well under pressure
Interested candidates should forward an up to date CV - click APPLY or call Susan on 021 4297900