Financial Controller - German Hub
Title Financial Controller - German Hub
- Ownership and Accountability for delivering accurate, robust and timely USGAAP Financial Statements for Germany and Austria, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- USGAAP Financial Statement review and approval for the Pharma and Animal Health legal entities in Germany and Austria.
- Accountable for the Governance of the journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Lead the monthly US GAAP trial balance review process. Maintain strong processes to support a thorough understanding of monthly Trial Balances across both countries – Austria and Germany, and the legal entities within those countries – Lohmann Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing Affiliates for Germany; Sales and Marketing Affiliate and Regional Operations for Austria.
- Influence and lead effectively to ensure a strong control environment and compliance across the hub, taking account of different materiality in different countries.
- Responsible for SOx compliance.
- Partner with Finance/Tax Managers on reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements.
- Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex US GAAP accounting treatments and corporate policy/procedures interpretation, leveraging expertise from Corporate Centre (US) as appropriate.
- Liaise with auditors for both Group and statutory audits.
- Build Relationships with key stakeholders across the Company to develop business knowledge and commercial awareness and to build a network to remain informed about business and process changes across the Hub
- Influence and Drive Process Improvement and Efficiency across the Hub/Affiliate
- Act as the Affiliate/Hub Advocate for governing performance including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and measures.
- Collaborate with GBS and affiliates to drive operational excellence and continuous improvements.
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.
- Support key stakeholder needs by understanding and managing business performance and establish provisions where necessary with timely and accurate management information (i.e., establish true up of expenses quarterly with budget owners and enhance awareness of SOX/cost management controls with risk-based approach.)
- Qualified Accountant, with a minimum of 8 years post qualification. US GAAP accounting standards knowledge an advantage.
- Controllership / Finance management experience with a Multinational Company.
- Strong Systems Experience (e.g. SAP) an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills; ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands. Ability to build effective networks across functions, organizations, job levels and geographies.
- Ability to achieve results through people, directly and indirectly.
- Demonstrated experience in Supervision / People Development.
- High self-awareness and ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment, strong communicating skills essential.
Interested candidates should forward an up to date CV - click APPLY or call Susan on 021 4297900.