Pension Scheme Administration Manager
Osborne Executive have partnered exclusively with our client, a specialised professional Pensions Administration company who provide administration services to Pension Scheme Trustees in the appointment of a Pension Scheme Administration Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Pensions Operations, The Pension Scheme Administration Manager will be responsible for the effective and efficient administration and compliance of the Pension Scheme, by ensuring that robust systems and processes are in place, maintained and continuously reviewed and improved, to deliver top class customer service to its active members. This is a diverse, hands-on departmental role, which includes responsibility for employer services, member services and payroll, as well as line responsibility for seventeen staff members.
- Ensure that all members Pension Scheme administration agreement SLA’s are delivered on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that all membership records (current employees, pensioners, deferred pensioners) are kept complete and up-to-date.
- Responsibility for communications to members including Annual Benefit Statements and Leaving Service options.
- Work with a team of administrators to ensure that registered employers with the Pension Scheme comply with the requirements of the Pensions Act regarding payment of pension contributions.
- Contribute strongly to the development and rollout of technology infrastructure to ensure delivery of a timely, efficient, centred service for both members and employers that is first-class.
- Work cross-functionally and partner with groups company-wide.
- Champion a sales culture within the scheme, working collaboratively with the Business Development Manager to implement retention and growth initiatives.
- Project Management – ISO, GDPR and systems projects.
- Appropriate alignment of resources, to meet current and future service levels and timelines
- Annual setting of key performance objectives for direct reports
- Coach, train and develop staff to maximise potential, enhance skills and deliver superior performance
- 8+ years pensions administration experience
- LIA or IIPM qualification
- Proven people management, change management and leadership skills
- Thorough understanding of pensions legislation and regulatory requirements
- Strong commercial awareness, with a good understanding of the pensions sector
- Member-service mind-set – evidence of member-first, member-centred approach to customer services
- Quality and efficiency mind-set – with commitment to continuous improvement and delivering streamlined, first-time administration solutions
- Car owner, with full, clean driving license
- Experience of ISO frameworks for documentation management
- Background in “lean” thinking, business analysis or process efficiency
- A credible pension’s professional, with a pro-active, can-do attitude, who can build strong working relationships and influence at all levels across the business
- Possess strong organisational skills, with ability to prioritise workload, adhere to strict timelines and see work priorities through to completion and to the highest standards of accuracy
- Innovative, energetic and passionate about delivering a top-class member service, of the highest standard
Closing date for receipt of applications will be Tuesday 3rd April, 2018.
For a confidential conversation on this opportunity please contact Aine in absolute confidence on 01 638 4400 or 086 8388913 or click APPLY.