Engineering Manager - Manufacturing (Cork)
Sigmar Recruitment have an exclusive new opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to work with our manufacturing client in Cork. This is a permanent role offering a huge amount of autonomy, excellent salary, benefits and working conditions.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all maintenance and engineering operations and staff across a high-volume manufacturing facility.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all manufacturing and ancillary services equipment
- Provide technical guidance and support on any technical issues within the plant, including: equipment issues, automation issues, system support, troubleshooting, etc.
- Act in a leadership capacity on all process improvement investigations
- Oversee all changes to equipment, ensuring compliance standards are maintained at all times
- Project manage change management and continuous improvement initiatives
- Co-ordinate all maintenance activity including; preventative maintenance, reliability testing, drawing updates, investigations into equipment performance
- Facilitate the introduction and implementation of new capital projects for equipment changes
- Resolve any issues identified by production teams
- Evaluate production needs
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop specifications for the procurement of equipment and instrumentation
- Engineering qualification (Mechanical, electro-mechanical or industrial)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management position within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Proven project management experience (technical & automation projects)
- Strong knowledge of high volume manufacturing operations
- Previous experience with Fieldbus and DCCS
- Exceptional people management skills
- Excellent decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise own workload
- Outstanding technical knowledge with regards to manufacturing, production and maintenance
If this sounds like the role for you, call Rebecca on 021-4847137 or email your CV direct - click APPLY.