Our client is a new philanthropic foundation engaged in a landmark capital development project in Dublin, Ireland.
The Project is the most ambitious single philanthropic project ever undertaken in Ireland and will provide long lasting benefits to its people: The Executive Director will be responsible for planning, organising and implementing a vigorous international capital fundraising campaign. S/he will report to the Board and work closely with its volunteers to raise major gifts from high level donors.
- Strategise and direct all fundraising activities.
- The Executive Director will lead the foundation in the setting of plans, policies and procedures that support both the capital campaign and provide a platform for future fundraising.
- Proactively take the lead in prospect identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation drawing in part from personal knowledge of the philanthropic community.
- Supporting, when required, donor meetings and solicitations of the Board and volunteers.
- Communicate the goals, progress and success of the campaign to various constituencies; managing the production of capital campaign collateral materials and coordinating public relations.
- Develop systems for prospect and donor record keeping and reporting; manage campaign record keeping, evaluating progress towards the goal.
- This is a visionary and ambitious project, requiring someone with the acumen, fundraising and relationship skills to deliver a landmark campaign. Suitable candidates will hold eight figure capital fundraising track records for either philanthropy or business.
- The new Executive Director will have a proven ability to convert relationships at the highest level into support.
- The successful candidate will have exceptional drive, self direction and have the ability to shape a campaign from new.
- 10+ years of professional experience in fundraising with a track record of success, with specific experience in capital fundraising or major gifts; Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in managing campaign budgets;
- Demonstrated experience in producing campaign materials;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills, capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, consultants and donors/prospects;
- Energetic, self‐ motivated, professional, flexible and adaptable with a sense of humour, able to multi‐task and work independently in a hands on work environment
- Engaged in philanthropy as either a fundraiser, donor or volunteer. Understanding of good governance and commitment to fundraising best practice.
- High-levels of personal and professional resilience, honesty, integrity and courage.