Software Application Engineer
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday builds enterprise software in the cloud on a single code line through a continuous development model, leveraging virtual IDE’s in EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) allowing for rapid delivery of our software to our customers.
As an Enterprise Application Developer for the Financials Application Development team , you will contribute and safeguarding these satisfaction levels along with promoting the organization’s goals while guiding and mentoring your teammates. You will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems, which comes with developing and delivering global mission critical enterprise software. You will work with software architects, product managers, and other stakeholders to deliver a new generation of on-demand Enterprise solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses.
- 5-10 years’ experience with web / software application development using any of the following Object Oriented Programming languages: Java, C++, C# PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby et al.
- Design & development experience using Agile Methodology
- Strong familiarity with UML & XML
- Experience in RESTful Web Services and API
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, MIS or any computer related field or its equivalent.
- Must be collaborative team player with good verbal and written communication skills
- Software Application development experience in SaaS (Software As A Service) or PaaS (Platform As A Service)
- Experience designing/developing business applications in the Financials Domain: (Budgets, Planning, Pay, Analytics, Projects & Grants, Spend Management, Cash, Tax, Assets and Settlements)
- Learn more about development at Workday: