Deputy Head of Listings and Compliance
- Full Time
The CSX is located in one of the world’s largest financial centres and is an internationally recognized offshore stock exchange providing a full range of listing services for sophisticated products and an efficient gateway to global financial markets.
Applications are invited for the position of Deputy Head of Listings and Compliance
Applicants for this position must have in-depth understanding of the securities industry and complex offshore transactions as well as the legal and accounting issues relating to listed companies.
We are seeking a high calibre individual, probably a qualified lawyer or accountant with a minimum of four years’ post qualification experience gained at a stock exchange, private practice, investment bank, securities house or asset management house. The position requires an individual with sound working knowledge of disclosure issues applicable to financial products, including investment funds and capital markets transactions. The ideal applicant will have experience and knowledge of market regulation, including market surveillance, trading practices and the settlement and clearing of transactions and regulation of listed issuers and their principals. A clear grasp of the relevant regulatory issues is essential.
The applicant should be highly motivated, reliable, able to work in a team and possess excellent communication and drafting skills. He or she also needs to be capable of working well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- To scrutinize, review, and process listing applications in a timely manner;
- To effect the listing of further issues and securities;
- To assist the Head of Listing with the management and supervision of the listing department;
- To assist in executing policy decisions of the Council as related to listing matters and as delegated through the CEO;
- To assist in drafting new rules and regulations for approval relating to listings as and when the need arises;
- To act as the front line for communications with listed and potentially listed entities and liaise with listing agents, bankers and other professionals in relation to listing applications;
- To ensure that listed entities comply with the rules;
- To ensure that there are appropriate mechanisms in place for the dissemination of timely and accurate information about listed entities;
- To ensure that international standards are taken into account in every aspect of the operation of the listing department, so that the CSX can maintain a reputation for quality;
- To assess and advise on the suitability of potential listings for listing purposes;
- To assist the Head of Listing in training junior members of the listing and compliance department; and
- To assist the Head of Listing in any ad-hoc projects, as required.
Other CSX responsibilities
- To act as requested as the Head of Listing and Compliance in the latter’s absence
- To assist in marketing efforts for the CSX locally and abroad
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience – salary range US$90,000 - US$130,000. A comprehensive benefits package is offered including health insurance and pension plan.
Applicants should apply in writing, with a detailed curriculum vitae addressed to:
Operations Manager, Cayman Islands Stock Exchange, 4th Floor Eden House, Elizabethan Square, P.O. Box 2408 KY1 1105, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. Fax: (345) 945 6061 or click APPLY.
Deadline for receipt of applications is March 21st, 2018
Apply for Deputy Head of Listings and Compliance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly