Product Manager – Financials
Our Core Financials Product Management team is growing and we are seeking a Product Manager with solid understanding of accounting and core financial enterprise business applications.Workday’s Financial Management provides a state-of- the-art foundation for transactional efficiency and control, and delivers unparalleled insight to both finance and business managers with one system for accounting, consolidation, tax reporting, planning, procurement, projects, reporting, and analytics. Workday’s Financial Management Applications help our customers achieve the highest levels of business performance and financial excellence by accommodating multi-entity, multi-book, and multi-currency requirements for global organizations and supporting alternate chart of accounts, and global tax framework.
What a Product Manager (PM) does at Workday:
- Innovates: Designs products that enable users to spend less time consolidating data across different systems and is streamlined, intuitive, and user friendly without sacrificing functionality or compliance. This is achieved by using a combination of functional/operational knowledge (e.g. accounting close, cash management, revenue recognition, procurement etc.), the ability to think analytically, and a passion for making a difference.
- Collaborates: Serves as a user-representative who can convey functional process requirements to technical audiences and drives product development through the entire life cycle. Point of contact for internal teams such as consultants, production support, training, documentation and sales. Provides sales team with demos or presentations to prospective customers. Collaboration is the key to success.
- Makes Customers Happy: Talks to customers to understand what features customers need/want to determine product roadmap. Keeps feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Liaises with relevant parties, including development, QA, documentation, product support, etc., to facilitate the release process. Manages development related customer escalation when needed.
- Executes: Plans releases and sets roadmaps. Designs features and sets functional requirements, then tracks and reports progress against key milestones. Ensures on-time and high-quality delivery of the product using Agile.
What skills are needed to be successful:
- 8+ years of experience as a product owner, enterprise financials systems manager or functional consultant
- In addition to experience mentioned above, work experience across AP, AR, GL and Close as part of a corporate finance or accounting team, preferably with certifications such as a CMA (Certified Management Accountant) or CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Deep knowledge of financial and accounting rules, processes and regulations to serve as a Subject-Matter-Expert for this functional area.
- Enterprise system configuration, administration, integration or implementation experience
- Ability to explain complex business processes to a variety of audiences, from internal engineering to external customers, in addition to, excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills.