Ardlinn have been retained by the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI) Institute of Leadership which is Ireland’s only third level institution dedicated exclusively to the development of management and leadership competencies of healthcare professionals. More than 450 Healthcare professionals are registered annually on the Institute of Leadership’s academic programmes and up to 1500 undertake the short development programmes annually from centres in Dublin, Dubai and Bahrain.
The RCSI Institute of Leadership is a fully accredited academic School of the RCSI Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and maintains close connections with the world of healthcare delivery both in Ireland and internationally. Their programmes are characterised by deep healthcare insight, flexibility, speed of response, student support and a blended learning approach that allows students to learn while continuing to work as health professionals. Their academic programmes are accredited by the National University of Ireland and, where relevant, by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) on behalf of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the UAE and are also recognised by the Higher Education Council (HEC) in Bahrain.
RCSI is an independent, not-for-profit, world leading international health sciences education and research institution. RCSI is an international institution ranked in the top 2% of the world’s universities and welcomes students from more than 60 countries into its very high quality academic programmes. The RCSI operates the largest Medical School in Ireland.
For more information on RCSI Institute of Leadership or RCSI, please visit www.rcsileadership.org or www.rcsi.com.
The RCSI Institute of Leadership are now seeking to hire an Academic Director.
As part of an ambitious new strategic plan, the RCSI Institute of Leadership is now seeking to recruit an experienced senior level professional academic to lead the delivery and development of its academic programmes. The post will be based at the RCSI Institute of Leadership’s Sandyford campus in Dublin and the post holder will be responsible for managing the RCSI Institute of Leadership academic faculty. She or he will also play a major role in the development of new programmes in line with the RCSI Institute of Leadership strategic plan. The post holder will have academic responsibility for all academic programmes both domestic and international and will serve as member of the RCSI Institute of Leadership senior management team.
- Support the Director of RCSI Institute of Leadership in the delivery of the Institute's strategic plan.
- Participate as a member of the RCSI Institute of Leadership’s Leadership Team
- Provide academic programme leadership and direction across the RCSI Institute of Leadership’s three sites (Dublin, Dubai and Bahrain)
- Undertake the line management of academic staff
- Oversee the content and delivery of current academic programs in Ireland as well as internationally
- Support the development of new programmes as per the strategy of the RCSI Institute of Leadership
- Develop and support a life-long learning model integrating the RCSI Institute of Leadership’s training and academic programmes
- Build academic partnerships and collaborations in support of the strategy
- Support the Director of Research in fostering a strong research culture in the RCSI Institute of Leadership
- Support the Head of Operations in managing the effective performance of the RCSI Institute of Leadership
- Participate in the affairs of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and its constituent committees
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant management/leadership discipline
- Substantial experience in a senior level academic role
- Senior level academic experience in the delivery of postgraduate education in leadership, management or a related discipline
- Experience in design and delivery of flexible learning models and blended learning programs
For a confidential discussion about the role or if you require any further information, please contact Fidelma McGeachy on +35316146041 or click APPLY.