Fota Island are currently recruiting for a General Manager. The successful candidate will have a dynamic personality that sets the tone for memorable guest experience.They will lead, teach, coach and inspire a team of hospitality professionals to exceed every guest's expectations and encourage an atmosphere of enthusiasm and professionalism. The responsibility of this role is to provide the operational and managerial direction for all the departments of the Hotel including: Lodges,Front Office, Housekeeping, Restaurants; IRD/Bar; C&B, Spa Operations, Kitchen Operations and Stewarding to a 5 Star Standard.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the hotel and lodges
- Ensure that the company Standard operating procedures are set and implemented within all departments
- Monitor financial performance of all departments to ensure delivery of budgeted targets and improve revenue
- Ensure the hotel and lodges satisfy all regulatory and statutory requirements such as licensing, food hygiene, fire safety etc
- Co-ordinate the response to all serious incidents and accidents
- Monitor and follow up of guest feedback to ensure all complaints are dealt with in a timely and professional manner
- Key to this role is to ensure that the Operational Departments work effectively as one team to provide a seamless service across the operation.
Requirements (The incumbent will be a member of the Executive Committee Team and have the following attributes:)
- Impeccable leadership skills with emphasis on effective communication practices
- Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems
- Excellent Organisational Skills.
- Knowledge of all hotel departments with a strong F&B background
- Experience in a 4 Star, but preferably 5 Star background, preferably in a Group setup.
- A solid understanding of Revenues, P&L.
- Excellent presentation and professional demeanour.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.