Iarnród Éireann-Irish Rail (IÉ) is Ireland’s national railway company, responsible for operations and infrastructure management. Its mission is to provide transport services that continually meet customers’ requirements and help drive Ireland’s economic development. In 2017, a staff body of 3,800 employees, with an enviable safety record, delivered 45.5m city, intercity and commuter passenger journeys across 1,700 km of railways; moved 100m tons of freight; and managed Rosslare Europort. The business generated revenues of €265m. IÉ is a subsidiary of the commercial semi-state group of transport companies, Córas Iompair Éireann and its activities are regulated by the National Transport Authority and by the Commission for Railway Regulation.
The Board of IÉ now wishes to appoint a Chief Executive who will lead the organisation to:
- ensure that the railway is operated and maintained in a manner that prioritises safety for passengers, employees and third parties;
- foster a well-developed industrial relations climate;
- strengthen the productivity and performance gains that have been achieved in recent years to secure a sustainable financial position; and
- deliver rail’s contribution in support of the Government of Ireland’s policies on sustainable development.
The Chief Executive will deliver on key projects such as fleet expansion and plans for the long-term electrification of the railway; signal upgrading, better accessibility and other infrastructure improvements; planning for expansion of the network, including DART Expansion; and improved customer service and satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- a leadership style that focuses on people and building relationships;
- strategic planning and influencing credentials;
- change management experience in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- an excellent record of creating a shared vision and driving its implementation by motivating teams, building partnerships and embedding values;
- a strong customer service focus;
- experience of rail transport or of comparable infrastructure, in complex organisations of scale in Ireland or internationally.
In the context of renewed growth in the Irish economy, this is a time for a strong leader to create and deliver development opportunities that secure a sustainable future for all stakeholders.
For a confidential discussion please contact Michele Stokes 01-7925538 or Ellen Roche 01-7926703. Applicants should submit their CV and a personal statement outlining their fit for the role on or before 16th March 2018 - click APPLY.