Head of Fundraising and Marketing
Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind is seeking to appoint a Head of Fundraising and Marketing who will lead the development of our fundraising, maximising our potential so as we have sufficient income to deliver our vision and strategic objectives.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and working as an integral part of the leadership team, the appointed person will lead and and empower a highly committed fundraising and marketing team.
In this key strategic role you will be responsible for leveraging the Irish Guide Dogs heritage and brand values to deliver a step-change in income and ensure that the organisation strengthens its position as one of Ireland’s most respected charities. The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced Fundraising/Sales & Marketing leader with demonstrable experience of growing income, leading teams and engaging with stakeholders at all levels. Experience of using social media to build brand awareness and grow income will be a distinct advantage.
Experience of leading and managing transformation in rapidly-changing environments is important, in addition to the ability to prioritise and deliver on a diverse range of, sometimes conflicting, priorities. We operate a Lean-Sigma approach to continuous improvement and business excellence so experience in this area would also be a distinct advantage.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree or equivalent, in a relevant business discipline
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior leadership role, preferably in not for profit or sales & marketing led organisations.
- A proven track record of leading and delivering change.
- Compelling communications and influencing skills
- A values-driven approach to work based on integrity and service
- Demonstrable examples of successful income growth, positive teamwork and logistics/ resource support for a large national community volunteer base.
The position is based at our Cork Headquarters and will involve ongoing work based at our Dublin office. Willingness to travel nationwide in support of our staff, volunteer and donor community is essential.
Please send a comprehensive CV and supporting letter via email to The Human Resources Manager - click APPLY.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 15th February 2018