Árd Stiúrthóir / Director General
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and in excess of 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired by its amateur status and supported by the voluntary efforts of all its members, the GAA devotes its entire resources to the development of Gaelic Games and Culture nationally and in local communities. Lincoln Recruitment Specialists has been exclusively retained to assist in the recruitment of an Árd Stiúrthóir / Director General.
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael are now seeking a suitably qualified professional, with a passion for Gaelic Games and Irish culture, to lead the Association and deliver on its mission, values and strategy. The successful candidate will report to the Central Council while working closely with Uachtarán CLG, and will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to full-time and voluntary teams across the Association at all levels, including:
- Develop the vision and strategies of the Association, and implement long and short-term plans;
- Responsible for the overall implementation of the commitments contained in the Association’s National Strategic Plan;
- Responsible for the delivery of the agreed budget of the Association;
- Ensure the effective use of the Association’s financial and physical resources;
- Oversee and strengthen existing strategic partnerships while developing new relationships with relevant third parties;
- Provide strong leadership to full-time and voluntary teams across the Association, ensuring that the ethos and values of the GAA are preserved;
- Performance Management of the senior management team, overseeing the delivery of agreed goals and objectives;
- Influence national sports policy and represent the Association to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record at senior management level;
- Established leadership and influencing skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong experience of financial management, and possess commercial acumen;
- Experience of policy development and strategic planning;
- The ability to integrate a professional position with volunteers;
- Track record of working in high-pressure situations and to strict deadlines;
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ba mhaith an rud go mbeadh Gaeilge ag iarrthóirí;
- Excellent understanding of the GAA and its structures, and in-depth interest and involvement in Gaelic Games;
- Third-level business-related qualification desirable.
The remuneration package will reflect the responsibility of the role, the seniority of the position and the successful candidate’s level of experience.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm Friday, 19 January 2018.
Please write, in strictest confidence and quote reference no 66099 to:
Shay Dalton, Lincoln Recruitment Specialists, 5 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2. + 353 1 661 0444 - Click APPLY.