Infrastructure Principal Architect
Part of IT@BoI, the Strategy Architecture and Innovation (SA&I) team are an Enterprise Architecture team. The team purpose is to define the future technology landscape to meet customer and business needs and to guide change projects to deliver the solutions that implement that future, innovating along the journey. SA&I develop technology strategies, associated roadmaps, supporting technology principles and standards. The team then guides and governs solution architecture to ensure that appropriate enterprise solutions are developed consistent with strategies, roadmaps, principles and standards.
Within this team, a Principal Architect is accountable for setting the vision, strategy and roadmap for Division, a group of domains or an Enterprise Technology, and ensuring that the estate migrates over time to future end-states
The Principal Infrastructure Architect is accountable for all aspects of Infrastructure Strategy and Architecture and ensures all programmes are delivering to the strategic infrastructure target. While this is an enterprise role, the Principal Infrastructure Architect will also work within the Core Banking Systems Programme, particularly but not exclusively, to develop the infrastructure landscape.
This role leads a team of infrastructure architects who will focus on specific technology domains including Cloud Adoption, Workload Provisioning, Servers, Networks, End User and Infrastructure Security.
This is a leadership role and requires an individual with excellent communication and leadership skills, deep technology knowledge, strong enterprise architecture skills, innovation, energy, dynamism, creativity and vision.
- Drive strategy definition for a Division, a group of domains or an Enterprise Technology, in support of business strategic, priorities and challenges; ensure Domain strategies are defined and aligned
- Drive development of roadmaps that define the steps required to deliver the agreed strategies
- As strategy and roadmaps are developed ensure that data is gathered on the as-is and to-be landscape, and that use of the EA Abacus tool is maximised
- Demonstrate deep business and technical knowledge/acumen and thought leadership
- Define, implement and operate the required EA governance, frameworks, standards and policies
- Direct and guide a portfolio of change programmes, maintain oversight and play an architecture governance role throughout the lifecycle of a change projects
- Create and/or contribute to architecture guidance artefacts including principles, standards, policies and reference architectures
- Work closely with colleagues within SA&I, to ensure that proposed architectures and solutions are understood within the context of the entire Enterprise Architecture
- Challenge the status quo and introduce innovation to our processes, ways of working and engagement, and solutions
- Understand key stakeholders, develop strong influential working relationships
- Provide strategic advice, consultancy and guidance at an Enterprise level and on Programme Steering
- Lead the stakeholder engagement on strategy and roadmap activity
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop and agree Investment plans, influencing the change agenda
- User tailored communication techniques e.g. Visualisation to share strategy, roadmap, landscape knowledge, challenges, options and complex technical concepts with stakeholders
- Lead a team of Lead Architects, supporting direct reports in the operation of their roles, acting as an escalation point
- Lead by example and demonstrate strong leadership standards and practices, showing full support for the IT@BOI leadership team
- Play a proactive and lead role in demonstrating strong leadership in line with IT@BOI/Group leadership standards and behaviours
- Effectively lead, coach, develop and motivate your team, developing a talent pipeline / succession plan
- Be an ambassador for IT@BOI, influencing stakeholders, colleagues and peers internally and external to IT@BOI
- Implement work practices that drive effective management of costs associated with your role / team and support measurement and reporting
- Maintain & monitor standards, controls, processes and solutions, to minimise business and IT risk
- Ensure full compliance with all Group, Legal and Regulatory requirements and standards
- Primary Degree or equivalent experience
Essential key requirements:
- Background in technology with deep technology infrastructure experience, including network, storage, server, cloud, end user and infrastructure security technologies
- Extensiveinfrastructure design experience
- Proven track record for designing enterprise level solutions
- Strong experience in architecting and designing large scale solutions
- Thorough working knowledge of specific components of the technology landscape
- Working knowledge of specific components of the technology landscape
- Strong knowledge of Architecture frameworks and demonstrated abilities in visioning and high level solution capabilities;
- Proven Leadership abilities
- In-depth understanding of the infrastructure domain & pertinent technologies
- Strategy development
- Reference Architecture development
- Enterprise Architecture
- Ability to listen, interpret and communicate business is a key skill required, as is the ability to listen, interpret, communicate with and influence stakeholders
- Ability to discern elegant/practical solutions
- Ability to work with deep-dive technical SME`s and decisive when presented with disparate technical solutions.
- Pragmatic and structured approach
- Leadership and people management skills
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: December 11, 2017