Head of Marketing and Consumer Communications
RTÉ (Raidió Teilifís Éireann) is Ireland's national public-service media organisation. A leader in Irish media, RTÉ provides comprehensive, cost-effective, free-to-air multi-media services to the public in Ireland and interested audiences internationally.
A new vision and strategy for RTÉ will position the organisation to champion culture in Ireland, captivate audiences with trusted and challenging content, and celebrate Ireland's rich diversity.
A major restructuring of RTÉ's content commissioning, production and distribution systems will be central to achieving this vision, putting the audience at the centre of everything RTÉ does, creating greater efficiencies, and positioning RTÉ for the future.
To achieve this new vision RTÉ is seeking to fill the following senior leadership role in the newly formed Audiences, Channels and Marketing area: Head of Marketing and Consumer Communications.
The Head of Marketing and Consumer Communications will provide outstanding strategic marketing and communications leadership to develop, implement and evolve RTÉ’s overarching brand strategy, brand marketing & consumer communications campaigns across its entire portfolio of channels and services – Television, On-Line and Radio. S/he will lead and deliver creatively outstanding and high quality marketing and consumer communications campaigns that are on brand, on budget and on time.
This role will work with a number of internal and external creative and strategic partners to deliver a consistent brand marketing experience for our audiences. The Head of Marketing and Consumer Communications is a key member of the Audience, Channels and Marketing leadership team and there will be a number of direct reports into this role.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To lead a marketing and communications team to develop brand strategies for RTÉ’s portfolio of channels and services and embed creative excellence for specific channel/genre/ product brands in conjunction with channel/service owners.
- To lead and develop appropriate brand guidelines and provide brand guardianship in conjunction with key senior stakeholders to ensure creative ambition and consistency.
- To develop mid-term (1-3 years) and annual strategic marketing & consumer communications plans to enable marketing investment decisions (production spend, people, media inventory), and ensure that marketing activity is driven by audience insight.
- To implement the annual marketing and communications plan through effective partnerships, multi platforms campaigns, regular reviews and deliver brand-redefining public service campaigns, strategic marketing expertise and creative direction.
- To drive creative innovation, collaboration and excellence from internal creative resources, including establishing an internal RTÉ creative agency.
- To optimise formal relationships with external agencies by overseeing evaluation of delivery against formal contracts and service agreements.
- To ensure all campaign have clear targets in line with achieving Marketing and Consumer Communications KPIs and RTÉ’s business strategy.
- A strong future focus is fundamental within Marketing and Consumer Communications and you will lead the team in actively exploring and identifying new and interesting avenues for communicating effectively and imaginatively with audiences.
- Be responsible for overseeing the post-campaign evaluation process and for explaining actual against target performance.
- To achieve the corporate objectives set by RTÉ.
- Provide day-to-day line management for a flexible and rotating team of Marketing Manager(s)/Product Manager(s), including setting out clear objectives, responsibilities & performance standards.
The successful candidate will have significant senior leadership experience of leading multi- disciplined teams across marketing and communications in a large matrix organisation with demonstrable experience and knowledge of media brand identities, marketing/consumer communications campaigns and recent impacts of technology on Marketing.
You will have considerable experience of strategy development and execution of transformation within a changing environment together with a thorough understanding of the RTÉ remit and the channel & service target audience’s needs and expectations. A strategic thinker with an ability to articulate a vision and goals and able to generate, or catalyse in others, innovative ideas and approaches and to translate these into practical realities in the short, medium and long term.
This role requires an individual who is commercially astute, a strong communications background, technology savvy, creative and innovative. You will have experience of working with talent and senior executives and have excellent interpersonal and planning and organising skills
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity please apply in strictest confidence by submitting your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role - please submit as one document when completing this online application process.
- Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Tuesday 5th December 2017
- RTÉ is an equal opportunities employer.
- Appointment will be fixed term for three years.