With the imminent retirement of our General Secretary, Larry Broderick, next May, FSU is looking for an innovative and inspiring leader to take the Union forward over the next five years.
FSU represents staff across the financial services sector in both the Republic of Ireland and the UK. As FSU’s chief executive, reporting to the Union’s General Council, the General Secretary is responsible for the Union’s day-to-day management and leading its staff, its strategic development, growth and finances together with the smooth running of the General Council and other representative structures.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be at the forefront of an important and forward-thinking trade union as it enters its second century.
- To ensure that the Union fulfils the aims and objectives determined through its democratic structures
- To provide overall oversight of the Union’s financial affairs
- To initiate and develop appropriate industrial relations strategies to deliver the best achievable outcomes for the Union’s members
- To provide leadership and management of the Union’s team of full-time professionals
- To oversee the Union’s relationships with the employers in the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom
- To maintain and develop mutually beneficial relationships with other trade union organisations including the Irish Congress of Trade Unions and the UNI Global Union Federation.
- To act as the principal spokesperson for FSU on all media platforms
A creative individual with experience in a senior role with:
- an empathy and understanding of the trade union movement and its values
- demonstrable business acumen and a proven track record of leading a membership organisation
- experience in the recruitment and retention of members
S/he will be
- an innovative and strategic thinker with first class communication skills – both written and spoken
- an excellent negotiator with a proven track record in their field
- atransformational leader
Applications are invited from persons with a strong commitment to representing working people and to shaping an innovative trade union while at the same time building a forward-thinking membership organisation offering a unique range of services for its members.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, November 27,
This senior position is based in Dublin, Ireland.
To submit an application or for further information, please
contact Tommy Kennedy, President,- click APPLY
FSU is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants
from all sections of the community.