Business Development Manager
Vista People has been engaged exclusively by Airspeed Telecom to source a high calibre individual for the role of Business Development Manager. This is a senior, pivotal role with excellent remuneration capabilities. The position reports to the Managing Director.
Airspeed Telecom – who are we?
Established in 2003 AirSpeed Telecom is a leading nationwide provider of telecommunications services to Enterprise and Government customers in Ireland. AirSpeed Telecom designs, commissions and supports voice and data telecommunications connectivity services on our network, which is the second largest nationwide network in Ireland. It has built one of the largest licensed microwave networks in Ireland (including substantial rollout in Northern Ireland).
In 2013, investment firm Granahan McCourt Capital (GMC) a US telecoms investor, purchased enet and followed with the purchase of AirSpeed Telecom in 2015. enet was founded in 2000 and operate over 5,000 km of fibre infrastructure, including the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet has established itself as a major supplier of managed fibre bandwidth in the Irish market.
Both AirSpeed Telecom and enet have been merged within the GMC Group with enet focused on the supply of wholesale services and AirSpeed Telecom focused on the supply of retail services to enterprises and government. More recently The Irish Infrastructure Fund (IIF), managed by Irish Life Investment Managers and AMP Capital, has entered into an agreement to acquire a 78 per cent stake of the Group, providing a strong long term commitment to the business.
There are now approximately 100 staff across the group. All staff have long service and have accumulated relevant skills which gives the company a strong competitive edge in the telecommunications market.
AirSpeed Telecom has over 400 retail customers spread across the Enterprise and Government sector, offering a range of products and services from SIP voice to high-speed internet connections to multi-site converged network solutions with infrastructure based on licensed microwave, fibre and xDSL.
With offices in Dublin, Limerick and Cork, and a 24 x 365 Network Operations Centre based in Limerick, AirSpeed Telecom has built a reputation for the delivery of carrier class network deployments.
We are currently seeking to fill a Business Development Manager role. You will have the following competencies/skills:
- Proven selling experience with strong verbal and written skills
- Capable of using your initiative to identify, target and close new accounts
- Manage existing accounts
- Able to understand and design solutions at a high level
- Demonstrate a high degree of value proposition commercial awareness
- Have resilience to follow through on opportunities
- Have integrity in the way you conduct business
- Ability to work constructively as a member of a multi-disciplinary delivery team
- You should have 5+ years of experience in a sales environment – technical experience desired but not essential
- Preferably have a technical diploma/degree background but not essential
- A competitive salary package combined with uncapped variable earnings
- Mileage/company car
- A can do cultural environment with a strong emphasis on organisational support
- Airspeed Telecom is a long-established supplier of managed telecommunications services with well recognised market reputation
- Airspeed Telecom is a reliable product portfolio with nationwide coverage
Please contact in strictest confidence:
20 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2.
t: +353 1 961 0015
m:+353 868 170 170