General Manager Ireland - Software/Technology Provider
Our client is a leading provider of innovative technology solutions for the airline and travel sector. The firm has been in business for nearly twenty years and has operations in Europe and America servicing Tier 1 clients.
As part of its continued expansion the business is opening a new office in Dublin and, as such, is seeking to appoint a General Manager to set up and lead operations here.
You will be responsible for working with the board and sales teams to help define and execute strategy for the business in Ireland. This will include building and leading a team including software development, system architecture, quality management, project management, accounting, and others.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Optimize and oversee operations to ensure efficiency.
- Lead a team towards effective collaboration and attainment of goals.
- Undertake sound time management to ensure profitability and keep expenses within budget.
- Ensure compliance with company's policies and operational guidelines.
- Deal with problems by providing creative and practical solutions.
- Evaluate performance using key metrics and address issues to improve it.
- Report to senior executives on progress and issues.
- Lead a team of three subordinates initially, more as the local office expands its business.
You will have experience in a senior leadership role within the airline and travel sector, with exposure to leading technology transformation or software implementation programmes. Individuals should also have;
- Knowledge of performance evaluation metrics and principles.
- Sound understanding of optimization and standards for success.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Strong business acumen with a strategic orientation.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Post Graduate degree preferred.