Senior Project Manager
WHO WE ARE:
ViaSat is in the business of connecting the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we connect international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications and content when travelling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels. We deliver and protect information – when and where it is needed most – with our trusted communications ground systems, infrastructure, and services.
ViaSat Ireland is one of the country’s most innovative, interesting and exciting technology companies. Based in Dublin city centre's Silicon Docks, beside Trinity College, Merrion Square, Government Buildings and quality transport hubs, we build scalable mobile apps and enterprise software for airlines. ViaSat Ireland is part of a fast-growing, global brand, which designs and launches satellites, delivering quality connectivity to people in the most challenging places - including at 30,000 feet!
We're growing exponentially, creating an immediate requirement for the best people, and significant opportunities for career growth. We work hard to exceed our clients' expectations, but we also like to have fun and make every team member feel valued. We offer an amazing benefits package, flexible start and finish times, an inclusive company culture, the opportunity for worldwide travel and a proactive corporate social responsibility policy that embraces diversity and personal growth. Sound like a good fit for you? We always love to hear from talented, enthusiastic people, so please click on the button for any of our openings and tell us why you rock. Thanks for considering ViaSat Ireland as your career choice.
WHAT WE NEED:
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage delivery of our leading-edge technology solutions to our global airline customers. The role requires strong programme and project management skills. The successful candidate must demonstrate a track record of scoping and delivering complex technology and business solutions in a customer-facing environment.
Key responsibilities are:
- Planning, managing and coordinating project delivery to our airline customers
- Work with the sales team and customer to define project commercials, timeline and scope
- Convert agreed scope into a fully detailed integrated plan aligning the delivery, development and customer teams
- Ensure communication and understanding of project progress, risks and issues with internal and external stakeholders, including senior management and project sponsors
- Take ownership of driving the project delivery to the agreed schedule, scope and budget
- Contribute to excellence in organisational project management through continuous improvement of processes and tools
- Influence and drive best-practice for project delivery across diverse teams and disciplines
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Minimum 5 years Programme/Project Management experience, preferably in the aviation sector but within the IT sector as a minimum
- Relevant 3rd Level degree
- Proven knowledge and experience in Agile development methodologies and managing large programmes of work in an Agile environment
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience and team management, working across multiple work streams
- Strong experience facilitating project team meetings, ensuring alignment of decision making with internal and external stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- An ability to work under pressure and deliver whilst maintaining a strong client focus at all times
- A willingness to travel given the global spread of our client base. This should cap out at no more than 20% of your time
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package which includes healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, pension contribution, fitness reimbursement and much more.
- A dynamic work environment with smart colleagues
- A high degree of autonomy, flexibility and trust