Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Engagement with business and IT users in analysing and defining non-functional requirements and associated technology solutions
- Responsible for performing assessments of existing systems and making recommendations for future directions
- Responsible for the review and introduction of new technology solutions that are medium to complex in nature and setting technical direction.
- Design, Build and Test of components that are medium to complex in nature, including delivery of new technical architecture components.
- Managing issues and risks, with escalation to client / Accenture management as required.
- Support development teams as required to ensure successful delivery of projects, particularly when introducing new technologies
- Project management, estimation and status reporting under area of responsibility to Accenture and / or client management team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior resources.
Professional Skills Requirements:
- 3-10 years' experience in a technical lead or technical architecture role, with a focus on distributed enterprise systems
- A track record of analysis and resolution of complex technical problems and delivery of innovative technical solutions
- Deep hands on delivery technology skills with one or more major technology platforms (e.g. PAAS, JEE, .NET) Experience with systems integration, and integration technologies across technology boundaries (e.g. vendor/platform boundaries, on/off premise) Experience of Service Oriented Architecture and Enterprise Integration Patterns an advantage.
- Experience using and designing application frameworks (e.g. Java/Spring, , Mobile, Batch)
- Experience designing and implementing technologies and processes supporting Software Development activities (e.g. configuration and build management tools, continuous integration)
- Broad knowledge and experience of the modern technology landscape, including infrastructure and application domains with a particular focus on Cloud and Open Source
- Experience of data analytics technologies (e.g. Hadoop, database appliances) an advantage
- Ability to define and enforce appropriate Software Development Life Cycle processes in a complex environment
- Commercial awareness and ability to maximise value for Accenture and our clients
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
Candidates should also have:
- An honours Degree preferable
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.