UK and Ireland Regulatory Sub-Board Members
GET INVOLVED IN OUR REGULATORY GOVERNANCE:
RICS REGULATORY SUB BOARD RECRUITING FOR POSITIONS
RICS is a global professional self-regulatory body for 125,000 professionals and over 10,000 firms. We work in the public interest to promote and enforce our highly respected professional qualification and standards in the development and management of land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. Our regulatory model is headed by an independent Global Regulatory Board and holds the profession to its promise to inspire confidence in the societies we serve.
We are looking for exemplary and experienced people to join the UK and Ireland Regulatory Sub-Board. The UK and Ireland Regulatory Sub-Board has delegated powers from the Global Regulatory Board to lead on regulatory policy strategy and monitoring operational performance in this region, working in collaboration with the Society of Chartered Surveyors of Ireland. The Sub Board comprises an independent Chair from outside the RICS profession, three other independent members, and three RICS members. We are seeking both independent and RICS members to join the Sub-Board.
You will be an independent thinker, with experience in scrutinising operational performance and/or policy. The ability to understand and challenge complex policy issues, demonstrating breadth of organisational experience, is a must. Through your experience, you will have gained an understanding of the UK and Ireland regulatory environment. Possessing excellent communication skills, you will test ideas constructively, propose solutions and monitor strategy implementation at a high level.
- The appointment will be for three years subject to appraisals, with the possibility of one further term of up to three years.
- The Sub-Board meets three times per year in central London and once a year elsewhere in the UK or Ireland, with a total time commitment of approximately 10 days a year.
- Remuneration is £3,400 a year (or equivalent) and expenses will be paid in line with RICS’ expenses policy.
- To maintain their independence, Members of the Regulatory Board and its Sub-Boards may not sit on other RICS boards and committees.
- The successful candidates will start in either Autumn 2017 or Spring 2018.
To request an application pack please click APPLY.
Reasonable adjustments will be made for people with disabilities during the application process.
Closing Date for completed applications: 1700 BST on 18 August 2017
Interviews will be held on 26, 27 and 29th September 2017 either in person in London or remotely.
We pursue the appointments process according to equal opportunities principles