Senior Marketing Manager
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are delighted to partner with Cumann Lúthchleas Gael in recruiting it’s Senior Marketing Manager.
This is one of the most exciting position we have recruited for this year and will suit a commercially astute Senior Marketing professional with a passion for brand development within sport and culture.
Senior Marketing Manager
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and in excess of 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired by its amateur status and supported by the voluntary efforts of all its members, the GAA devotes its entire resources to the development of Gaelic Games and Culture nationally and in local communities.
Home of the GAA, Croke Park Stadium is Ireland’s foremost sporting and entertainment venue. With over 1,500,000 visitors welcomed annually to national and international events, the Croke Park campus also features the Croke Park Conference Centre and the GAA Museum.
The role holder will have responsibility for the development and implementation of an integrated marketing strategy for the purpose of advertising and promoting all aspects of the Association including both Games and Croke Park Stadium brands and activities.
Reports/Accountable to: Stadium and Commercial Director
- Provide the necessary leadership, management, decision making and organisational skills to develop, implement and deliver on marketing strategies that are crucial for the GAA and Croke Park to be commercially successful over a sustained period.
- Prepare an annual marketing budget and develop an annual marketing plan, based on the business objectives and challenges of the GAA Games and Croke Park campus and their products and services.
- Work with the Commercial and Games Development teams in understanding their needs and priorities and develop an agreed programme of marketing and promotion in order to support the delivery of their objectives.
- Work with the Commercial and Management teams in positioning Croke Park as a centre of excellence for conferences and events, with a particular focus on targeting the corporate market in Ireland and overseas.
- Oversee the management of all elements of the GAA and Croke Park brands ensuring that new identities and campaigns are developed within agreed structures, are aligned to the values of the Association, and are used consistently throughout the media and partner networks in accordance with established guidelines.
- Assist and advise Provincial and County units in developing appropriate marketing strategies to promote games within their areas of responsibilities.
- Develop a programme to carry out market research, based on business needs and challenges. Such a programme must track the perceptions of key interest groups with regard to the positioning and attractiveness of the Association’s Games and the Croke Park campus.
- Recruit, motivate, lead and review the performance of the members of the Marketing Department team.
- Identify and source suitable creative and media agency partners, and build and manage strong relationships as appropriate.
- Act as lead in planning, developing, implementing and monitoring the Championship campaign and ensuring it is delivered within approved budget.
The Job Holder will also undertake any other such projects or responsibilities as may reasonably be deemed appropriate by the Stadium and Commercial Director.
- A third level degree in marketing or a related area.
- At least 5 years’ relevant marketing experience.
- Proven track record in the area of Project Management including programme planning, evaluation and budgetary control.
- Exceptional leadership and organisational skills; Previous experience of acting in a supervisory role.
- Proven experience of designing and delivering strategic marketing plans within agreed budgets and time limits whilst achieving outstanding results.
- Demonstrable ability to develop and implement progressive brand and campaign management strategies.
- Excellent people management skills with a demonstrable ability to build and maintain strong business and team relationships; Proven ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent administrative and IT skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication/presentation (verbal and written skills).
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- An indepth knowledge of and interest in the GAA and Croke Park Campus and their brands and activities.
- Experience in the development and implementation of successful digital marketing and social media strategies
For a confidential discussion, please call Damien on 6610444 or click APPLY.
The GAA is an equal opportunities employer