Head of Product Delivery
- Vizor was founded 15 years by Conor Crowley and Ross Kelly, who were both young, eager technology consultants in the field of financial regulation.
- Funded and advised by several leading veterans of the financial and technology industries they embarked on a mission to make a difference; to simplify and strengthen financial regulation systems.
- Since then Vizor has been continually developed and shaped to serve the evolving needs of financial regulators around the world. Our deep collaboration with some of the world’s leading regulators has been fundamental to establishing Vizor as the new standard in financial regulation technology.
- Today Vizor serves the needs of financial regulators in 30 countries. We are a trusted partner of large consulting firms and leading XBRL toolset providers. Our experienced board of directors includes 3 ex CEOs and experts from the financial regulation world.
- We take a collaborative, agile approach to implementing regulatory solutions. This ensures all your requirements are met and there is full knowledge transfer to your business and technical teams. Having a proven, integrated solution for financial supervision means we focus on configuring Vizor Software to solve your regulatory challenges.
- The company is based in Sandyford, employs over 80 staff (including their Dubai office).
- The company is profitable and is well funded.
- Vizor has grown quickly over the last number of years and that growth trajectory is continuing.
- The company is moving from designing, implementing and maintaining bespoke software solutions for their international client base to a more commoditised, product based offering.
- The company is moving from a sales/client led strategy to a market led strategy. To free up senior management bandwidth to enable this, the company is looking to consolidate all Product Delivery activities under a single function. This will allow existing members of the leadership team to focus on Product Marketing, Management & Design.
- The Vizor clients are blue-chip regulatory bodies in 30 countries.
The ‘Head of Product Delivery’ role in Vizor:
The Head of Product Delivery will own all aspects of Product Delivery within Vizor. The Head of Product Delivery will report directly to Ross Kelly (CEO responsible for product, professional services and support) and will work closely with the Vizor leadership team.
4 functions, currently disparate, will report into Head of Product delivery:
- Software Development
- Software Configuration
- Software Testing
- Software Releases
Each function currently has its own line manager and multi-disciplinary teams. 40+ personnel work across these four areas, which equates to ~50% of the Vizor workforce.
Please note that Product Delivery in the context of this role does not include Product Marketing, Product Management or Product Design.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to bring their extensive experience to the following areas:
- Leadership & Culture: providing leadership to a large group of people, including many graduates in various locations, in accordance with our cultural values.
- Program management: managing multiple, complex software delivery projects with conflicting timelines and resource requirements in an agile environment, producing comprehensive KPIs for the leadership team.
- Process improvement: all areas will be process intensive and require regular and iterative performance reviews and improvements.
- Off-shoring: Vizor have just begun to off-shore certain software development and testing activities. This amount of off-shoring activities is likely to increase over time. Effective operational and cultural management of the on-shore / off-shore team mix will be crucial
- Programme owner for a framework of build / test / release cycles across the various product streams.
- Lead direct reports, driving them to deliver quality, on-time and on-budget.
- Monitor, measure and govern delivery plans, reporting periodically on progress including individual project status, key risks and issues and problem resolution.
- Delegate and oversee the quarterly Product build / test / release prioritisation process as well as the delivery backlog
- Act as an escalation and resolution point for delivery impediments.
- Foster communication between the teams and encourage a culture of delivery and teamwork, in line with our company values
- Coordinate and track delivery plans across multiple streams as well as local and offshoring locations.
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production).
- Review plans, schedules and key deliverables prepared by teams as part of the overall governance process.
- Work with the Product Manager to define the release timelines against the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with and allocate departmental bandwidth and relevant expertise in support of other areas (e.g. Sales, Customer Support, Product Management)
- Ensure department provides appropriate product documentation.
- Ensure department provides timely estimates.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the delivery teams.
- Actively participate in the Product Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
- Lead incremental process improvement in the delivery functions.