Chief Estimator – North Leinster
Our client is a Main Contractor specialising in Commercial, Residential and Industrial projects. This role is office based in the North Leinster area, working on a number of projects in the Dublin area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee Assistant Estimators
- Break down tenders and issue to supply chain to tender
- Collate and analyse returned tenders to ensure a compliant tender is achieved
- Prepare and present cost/risk analysis
- Manage all aspects of tender including technical and financial assessments
- Liaise with senior construction person regarding construction methodologies and program
- Operate specialised costing database and produce new records/costs
- Establish a panel of domestic sub-contractors and ensure the best value is achieved regarding all elements
- Auditing and reporting on sub-contractor/suppliers’ returns
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- 7-10 years Estimating experience working in a similar role with a Main Contractor on commercial building contracts. A knowledge of GCCC and RIAI contracts beneficial
- Third level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently while exercising great judgment
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft packages and other construction software
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritise and work well under pressure
Competitive package on offer for the right candidate.
If you would like further information about the role or a confidential chat, please contact Kelly McGovern on 01-4744631 or apply with your CV - click APPLY.