Business Intelligence Functional Analyst
Overall Purpose of role:
The primary focus of the role is to act as the primary link between the business teams and the Business Intelligence development team. The candidate will work with all stakeholders in the business to understand their requirements and pain points with regards to reporting and to work with them, and the wider BI team to ensure that workable solutions are delivered. The candidate will also drive adoption of Business Intelligence in the business by understanding where solutions are not being used and working with the business to overcome issues. The candidate will report to the Head of Business Intelligence.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Act as the interface, to gather requirements from the business in all areas of the business.
- Development of functional specifications and gaining required approvals.
- Driving standardisation across KPIs and reports.
- Working with Business Process Owners to drive consistency in processes.
- Working with super users for report validations and sign offs.
- Drive user adoption of Business Intelligence reports within Europe.
- Interact with all stakeholders to facilitate understanding of strategic value of Business Intelligence.
- Act as a point of contact for Business Intelligence issues within Europe.
- Liaise with wider functional/technical team to resolve BI related issues within the European business.
- Understanding training requirements and development of training plans.
- 5 years’ experience preferably in a Finance or Business Intelligence position
- Solid understanding of management reporting and end-to-end processes, and (preferably) also strong knowledge of SAP and SAP reporting tools (BW / BOBJ / BPC).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in high paced, high stakes environment.
- Ability to work on large projects with multiple working streams and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated advanced ability to communicate, influence and negotiate decisions at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated advanced ability to implement projects in a positive manner that align with the strategic vision of the department and company
- Good understanding of end to end business processes.
Education & Experience:
- BA in business, management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science or similar, required. Master’s degree desired. Accountancy qualification a plus.
- Experience working in a large global organisation preferably where SAP and SAP reporting tools are used.
- Experience in a global manufacturing environment.
- Computer aptitude advanced analytic data entry skills, ideally Microsoft (Excel, pivot table / reporting), SAP skills, BW/ Business Objects reporting tools.