IT Audit Manager
Head of IT Audit position available at a major pharmaceutical plc based in Dublin.
Our client is a large international Pharmaceutical plc based in south county Dublin.
A vacancy exists at IT Audit Manager level. This is the most senior IT Audit position in the group and reports directly to the Head of Group Internal Audit. You will have responsibility for managing IT Audit staff, expanding the coverage of IT Audit and delivering on the IT Audit plan.
This business is SOX compliant and places great emphasis on the effectiveness of controls. The vacancy position therefore has strong influence.
There is some limited overseas travel required, primarily to the USA, and no more than 15-20% of the year.
- Assisting the Head of Internal Audit as IT audit subject matter expert within Internal Audit, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall IT Audit Plan of this global PLC, performing and delivering a portfolio of Sarbanes Oxley, ITGC and risk-based IT audit assignments.
- Managing, developing and growing a robust, cutting edge IT Audit team
- Planning and executing Sarbanes Oxley, risk-based IT audit and integrated value-add audit assignments where required.
- Acting as a trusted Business Partner to the business in complying with and updating IT audit process documentation in relation to the Sarbanes Oxley Act and ITGC best practices.
- Conducting all audit activities in compliance with the PLC’s Internal Audit standard processes and contributing to the creation and development of a best-in-class Internal Audit function to best serve the needs of the business, management and the Board.
- Consistently executing high quality audits - IT audit report preparation for review, issuance and follow up including discussing issues with process owners and senior management to ensure a robust best-in-class IT control environment.
- Conducting ad hoc projects and special/value-add investigations, where required.
- Keeping up to date on IT industry changes and new developments within the business – be the IT audit SME to the business incl senior exec management.
- Developing relationships with audit stakeholders.
- Communicating clearly at all times and maintaining good communication and relationships throughout the audit process.
- Travelling to Group locations globally to conduct audit assignments.
- You will be required to work as part of a small team, show flexibility in working in different team roles and demonstrate clear, robust, pragmatic thinking.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to lead & inspire a team, implement change and continuous process improvements and act as a trusted business partner to an organization.
- Member of IT audit interest groups (e.g. ISACA / IIA).
- Some Accounting &/or Pharma Industry experience desirable.
- Strong IT Audit experience in a recognized IT consulting or public accounting firm, or equivalent experience as an IT auditor within private or public sector
- Knowledge of IT audit methodologies, tools and techniques
- Previous IT Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Knowledge and experience of leading risk based audits of IT governance, IT security and systems development life cycle projects
- Prior experience in the review and audit of IT systems implementation projects for ERP and IT systems / infra relating to large-scale business transformation programmes.
- Excellent technical IT audit skills together with a good understanding of prevailing corporate governance, legislative and Governmental regulation together with a well-developed general business acumen is also required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively at all levels.
If you would be interested in having a discussion about this role before making an application, please call David Armstrong on 01 231 4651. All applications and correspondence are treated with full confidentiality.