Assistant Principal Officer(s)
The Pensions Authority is seeking to recruit Assistant Principal Officers to work within the various operating units of the Authority.
There will be a minimum of three permanent posts as follows:
- Corporate Services (HR and Finance)
- Information Technology (IT) and Data Management
There may also be additional permanent and/or temporary post(s) at Assistant Principal level that the Authority may fill from a panel established as part of this recruitment process.
The Role of the Assistant Principal Officer
The Assistant Principal Officer post is a senior role that involves managing teams and projects and delivering unit objectives effectively and efficiently. The Assistant Principal Officer will report to the relevant Unit Head.
The general responsibilities of this senior role include:
- advising senior management on the practical implications of key business decisions and proposals
- translating high-level decisions and management goals into practical programmes of action for staff
- developing reports (oral and written) and presenting them to relevant stakeholders
- participating in national committees and representing the Authority at EU level (as/if required)
- leading, developing, managing and motivating teams and also working as a member of such teams
- participating in the development of operational plans and policies
- contributing to the development and implementation of appropriate information and risk management systems
- complying with any duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Unit Head or the Pensions Regulator.
Essential skills and experience
Applicants must demonstrate:
- proven knowledge and experience of working in a relevant area e.g. pensions industry, regulatory, policy, IT, data management, business analysis or corporate services environment
- an ability to critically analyse information to solve problems and to arrive at informed decisions
- excellent management, planning and organisational skills
- proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- experience of working and delivering to tight deadlines
- creativity and resourcefulness, while demonstrating sound judgement
- a focus on the delivery of quality work
- continuously seeking to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of an organisation
- ability to interact with stakeholders at the most senior level.
Interested candidates must submit their full career details (curriculum vitae) and a cover letter demonstrating how they meet the requirements of this position - for further information and to apply please click APPLY.
Applications will strictly not be accepted after the closing time.