On behalf of our client in Co Sligo, Elk Recruitment is looking to recruit an experienced Materials Manager. You will be responsible for managing the purchasing and supply of quality raw materials in a cost effective manner. Excellent Salary & Benefits on Offer.
- Effectively purchase raw materials, production supplies and capital equipment in accordance with the company’s quality and financial systems.
- Work with the Manufacturing Managers to effectively plan materials to meet agreed production schedules.
- Work with the technical team to identify and deliver components on target to meet new product requirements.
- Develop relations with key vendors, establish their technical capability and work with them to source and identify new materials, manage potential stock – outs or material discontinuations.
- Build a motivated competent warehouse team.
- Manage the receipt of raw materials and supplies in accordance with the company’s quality system.
- Implement stock management and purchasing control systems.
- Manage the movement of product to and from the contract sterilisers, schedule sterilisation in conjunction with the contractors, ensure accountability documentation is complete and that the integrity of sterile and non-sterile product is maintained.
- Manage shipment of finished product, samples and equipment through packing for safe transportation, organisation of appropriate cost-effective transportation and generation of documentation as per the company’s quality system.
- Actively manage inventory to minimise inventory carrying costs and ensure accuracy through cycle counting, effective location management and accurate record keeping in accordance with the company’s quality system.
- Maintain warehouse areas to a high level of GMP, housekeeping and safety.
- Maintain open communication with all staff, customers, suppliers and hauliers.
- The Materials Manager should have a primary degree in engineering or business or be certified in APICS OR IIPMM.
- S/he should have a minimum of 3 years materials experience including at least 1 year in a medical device industry.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the medical device industry and of quality systems.
- Strong negotiating, communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable with the use of ERP
- Ability to effectively manage a wide range of diverse activities simultaneously.
- Self-starter with good organisational, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Practical level headed individual who is prepared to actively lead and manage a team.
- Strong management and leadership skills