Front Line, The International Foundation for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders, is seeking to appoint an Executive Director. Front Line Defenders was founded in Dublin in 2001 with the specific aim of protecting human rights defenders at risk, people who work, non-violently, for any or all of the rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Front Line Defenders addresses the protection needs identified by human rights defenders themselves.
Front Line Defenders maintains its headquarters in Dublin, an EU Office in Brussels, and regionally-based field staff in the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Front Line Defenders provides rapid and practical support to human rights defenders at risk through:
• International advocacy on behalf of human rights defenders at risk, including emergency support for those in immediate danger;
• Grants to pay for the practical security needs of human rights defenders;
• Trainings and resource materials on security and protection, including digital security;
• Rest, respite and other opportunities for human rights defenders dealing with extreme stress;
• An emergency 24-hour phone line for human rights defenders operating in Arabic, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
The Board of Trustees of Front Line Defenders now seeks an Executive Director with significant previous experience of working at a senior level for the protection of human rights defenders or equivalent experience in a human rights based activity or organization in a leadership role. The Executive Director will have strong communication, management and analytical skills. They will have an understanding of the political environment for human rights defenders and have excellent political judgement.
This position will be based in Dublin but will involve frequent travel.
For more information, please contact: Claire Cronin, Cronin Partners International Search, 12 Merrion Square | firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on Front Line Defenders, please visit www.frontlinedefenders.org
Application deadline: Friday 29th July, 2016