Our client, Winthrop Engineering and Contracting, is one of Ireland's leading engineering and contracting firms, constructing some of Europe’s biggest datacentre projects and essential infrastructure in a digital world. Success has been built on a “hands on” approach to project delivery and crucial aspects of the business.
Our client’s skills are much in demand as cloud service providers build datacentre mission critical projects across Europe to meet ever growing demands. The order book is large and expanding.
The Estimating Dept. is managed by the Estimating Director and is divided into three disciplines
(i) Civil, Structural & Architectural (CSA); (ii) Mechanical & (iii) Electrical. Due to continued expansion we have a vacancy in the Estimating Dept. for a CSA Estimator to work with the existing CSA Estimating team in the Dublin office.
Our client is on a significant growth trajectory, so you will have the opportunity for career advancement.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing estimates based on drawings and specifications.
- Ability to take-off quantities and to prepare a pricing document.
- Obtain pricing for elements of the building from Irish and European subcontractors and suppliers.
- Utilize spreadsheets to compare subcontractor’s bids and explain the reasons why a particular subcontractor has been chosen.
- Assist in the maintaining of the cost data base.
- Present the estimate to the Estimating Director and when necessary to the Board of Directors
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Keep up to date with developments in the construction industry
- Participate in the development of procedures to ensure a high standard of quality control in the documents produced by the Estimating Dept.
- Co-operate with the application of quality assurance procedures.
- Engage in personal development planning and performance review procedures, as required.
- Perform such other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by Winthrop management.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained with respect to all information obtained during the course of employment, particularly with respect to information provided by, or obtained from, others
- A minimal amount of travel throughout Europe will be required.
Quality, Safety & Risk
- Understand the requirement to achieve a high level of quality in the production of subcontractor tender documentation and Winthrop’s tender submission.
- Be aware of Winthrop’s high standards of safety.
- Be able to identify potential risks on a project.
- A Quantity Surveying or Estimating background with at least 3 years satisfactory experience.
- Have successfully completed and graduated from a third level degree course accredited to at least NFQ Level 7 in quantity surveying, construction economics or an equivalent relevant area of study.
- Be included on, or eligible for inclusion on, the register of Quantity Surveyors maintained by the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland in accordance with the Building Control Act, 2007.
- Be entitled to full membership of the SCSI, RICS or CIOB
- Possess an acceptable proficiency, both written and oral, in the English language.
- Knowledge of FIDIC contracts
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and in at least one of the more widely used QS BQ production software packages – e.g. Buildsoft or CostX.
- Current Safepass card
- Possession of a driving licence entitling the holder to drive a car in the Republic of Ireland unaccompanied by a licensed driver.
- Knowledge of a second European language
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY CONTACT:
Cronin Partners International Search
12 Merrion Square
Tel: 01 631 6056 Mob: 087 2428025 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for CSA Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly