An opportunity exists in the Commission for Aviation Regulation for a qualified, high-achieving individual to join the organisation focusing on its economic regulation and customer protection functions.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to become an expert in economic regulation, financial analysis, policy formulation and implementation, the airport/air traffic control business models, communication, and leadership.
There will be the opportunity for professional learning and development, allowing you to maximise your potential.
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will work as part of a team but should have the ability to work autonomously, setting their own day–to-day priorities and at times working to tight deadlines. They should have the following qualifications and skills.
- A postgraduate degree in economics or a related relevant field, or significant related experience.
- A keen interest in industrial organisation theory or applied microeconomics and a familiarity with utility regulation.
- Ability to undertake original economic and policy analysis to a high standard.
- An interest in, or experience in, the aviation industry.
- Good communication skills in English, especially in writing reports as well as short and concise notes.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, a familiarity with econometrics packages and spreadsheet analysis and modelling.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience in teamwork.
- Demonstrate the confidence to represent the Commission at meetings and presentations.
- Affinity to detail, accuracy and ability to work independently.
- An interest in current affairs that relate to the work of the Commission.
The position is full time and permanent subject to a probationary period. The salary is based on the first point of the Administrative Officer Higher scale at €46,412 per annum rising in annual increments to €64,818, subject to satisfactory performance assessment
For a full description and criteria see www.aviationreg.ie.
An application consisting of a CV, letter of motivation, and a sample of your writing, should be submitted no later than 5pm on Friday the 4th December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below.
3rd floor, 6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773.
Tel: +353 1 6611700 Website: www.aviationreg.ie Email: email@example.com
Apply for Economist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly