Director of Finance & Corporate Governance
6 days left
- Full Time
The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (‘NIBRT’) is a global centre of excellence, headquartered in Dublin that provides training and research solutions to the global biopharmaceutical manufacturing sector. NIBRT arose from an innovative collaboration between University College Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University and the Institute of Technology, Sligo, with core funding by the Government of Ireland through Ireland’s inward investment agency, IDA Ireland. NIBRT’s 6,500 M² facility has 80 employees currently and houses fully operational pilot plants for biologics manufacturing training to industry and education as well as multiple research laboratories focussed on biopharmaceuticals manufacturing research.
Reporting to the CEO, and a member of the Senior Leadership team, the Finance & Governance Director is responsible for the finance and corporate governance functions in NIBRT. We are looking for an individual who is an experienced accountant with the capability to lead all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, development and implementation of financial controls policies and the management of financial risk. The individual should also have the capability to lead all aspects of corporate governance in NIBRT, including internal audit, organisational risk management and the development of broader internal control policies and procedures.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead operations within the Finance Department in compliance with all stakeholder, client and employee requirements with best practice financial policies and procedures.
- Provide direction and leadership to the finance team.
- Oversee implementation of all finance processes/procedures e.g. PO process, Expenses, Capex etc.
- Accurately report on the financial performance of NIBRT, ensuring timely monthly preparation of management accounts, P&L forecasting and cash flow forecasting.
- Manage all accounting operations and systems including Payroll, Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, asset and inventory accounting and revenue recognition.
- Work with all departments in the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets, both operational and capital.
- Represent NIBRT and act as key point of contact with main funders, most notably IDA Ireland. o Maintain NIBRT’s financial dealings and reporting in compliance with all legal, statutory, and revenue requirements, ensuring positive outcomes for all audits, including statutory audit, internal audits and various funding agency audits.
- Work with departments to ensure appropriate income, cost and margin analysis is performed.
- Work in partnership with and responsive to the Resource Oversight Committee of the NIBRT Board.
- Evaluate on an on-going basis the financial risk to NIBRT, articulating variances and mitigation of same.
2. Lead the development of the corporate governance function at NIBRT
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the corporate governance framework and internal audit plan.
- Develop and oversee the organisational risk management process at NIBRT.
- Develop and oversee internal control policies and procedures in compliance with all legal and statutory obligations, including internal audit findings.
- Work in partnership with the Audit & Risk and Governance & Nominations Committees of the NIBRT Board.
3. Contribute strongly as a member of NIBRT’s senior leadership team.
- Play an active role in developing NIBRT’s future direction (strategy) and in supporting tactical initiatives.
- Develop, monitor and direct the implementation of a strategic financial business plan.
- Professional accounting qualification, CAI, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Over 10 years post qualification experience, including industry, and team leadership experience.
- Track record on accurate and timely financial reporting, including experience with external financial stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of good governance practice and an understanding and experience of operating in such an environment.
- Previous experience in oversight and management of corporate governance (an advantage).
- Previous experience of the biopharmaceutical industry (an advantage).
- Previous experience of the research funding landscape (an advantage).
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent business and commercial acumen.
- Excellent knowledge of financial management systems (SAGE experience an advantage).
- An adept problem solver.
- Advanced negotiation skills
- A detail orientated, methodical approach, underpinned by a project management mind-set.
- Ability to work within complex, highly-matrixed structures with differing layers of responsibility, involving both operational / executive duties and engagement with the Board and its committees.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with an ability to manage conflict situations
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Leadership – an energetic leader with the ability to motivate staff to perform to the highest level.
- Strategic – a strategic thinker, who is progressive and can lead the way in developing the finance and governance functions.
To apply for this position please forward your CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees in a combined PDF document to NIBRT at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on 1st December 2020. Please include your name and the position for which you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that the successful candidate may be required to supply parchments of degrees/qualifications/work permits. Informal enquiries can be made in confidence by contacting our HR Manager, Gemma Grimes at email@example.com
NIBRT is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for Director of Finance & Corporate Governance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly