Chief Executive Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER FOR IRISH LANDMARK TRUST
Irish Landmark Trust (ILT) is a non-profit heritage organisation that gives new life to interesting and unusual historic buildings. Since 1992, ILT has been turning unique buildings – ranging from lighthouses and schoolhouses, to castles and gate lodges – into truly special self-catering holiday accommodation. As an educational charity, we work with the best artisans, builders and craftspeople, and give them scope to revive traditional skills that might otherwise be lost. Our properties are living buildings, not museum settings. We respect the history and architectural integrity of the structures we conserve, but we also ensure they have the contemporary comforts of a modern holiday home.
ILT now wishes to appoint a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to replace the current CEO who is retiring from the position. The new CEO will be based in our Dublin office and will lead a small but committed team, working closely with the Trustees and key stakeholders, in managing and directing ILT’s evolving role within the heritage sector
Your principal accountabilities will be to:
- Provide strategic leadership and management to ILT with an emphasis on quality service, efficient and effective use of resources and the current and future sustainability of the organisation.
- Lead the identification, sourcing and review of sustainable funding for the organisation and identify opportunities to improve funding and cashflow to ensure the survival and growth of the organisation.
- Play a key role in the further development of a shared vision of the mission, values and culture of the organisation, developing its commercial and philanthropic strategies and ensuring their successful execution in line with the organisation’s strategic plan
- Develop and influence excellent relationships with key stakeholders within the heritage sector
- Ensure that appropriate resources are allocated for the direct support of the activities of ILT.
- Identify and manage appropriate joint ventures with partner organisations for the benefit of ILT.
You should have:
- A successful track record at senior level executive, demonstrating strategic thinking, high level planning, execution and influencing skills allied to resilience, decisiveness and a business mind-set.
- An understanding of Hospitality, Heritage and Tourism sectors and the experience to successfully lead interactions with key stakeholders in Ireland, north and south
- Excellent interpersonal skills with communication, leadership, management and people experience in a collaborative organisation.
- Strong financial management and acumen allied to personal and professional integrity.
- Inspiring and motivational leadership with agility and an ability to engender performance and strong employee engagement through teamwork.
- A clear understanding of and empathy with the objectives of ILT and its ethos as a charitable organisation
If you believe you have the drive, passion and experience necessary to take on this challenging role then you should forward a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or email email@example.com if you have any queries on the role.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 27 November, 2020.
ILT is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Chief Executive Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly