Process Sciences Lead – M1
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Process Sciences Lead. The successful candidate will require strong analytical and laboratory operational experience to provide multidisciplinary expertise, technical support and team leadership.
Process Sciences is a non-GMP process support laboratory tasked with providing technical support to on site Vaccine manufacturing operations, through laboratory scale process models and extensive analytical data characterisation capabilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for team management and co-ordination of Process Sciences personnel and activities. The Process Sciences Team Lead will be responsible for assisting in the effective and efficient running of the Process Sciences Team and will be a member of the wider Technical Operations department extended leadership team. The Team Lead will be responsible for the day to day running of the laboratory and for the implementation of efficient ways of working, to meet our high throughput needs. A high level of innovation, enthusiasm and drive will be required to provide leadership and deliver technical excellence across a number of analytical methods, in execution of pro-active trend analysis and instilling deep technical understanding within the team.
What you will do :
Bring energy, knowledge, innovation and leadership to carry out the following:
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of technical leadership, collaboration, and coaching to facilitate the team in becoming a high-performance organisation.
- Supervision of area personnel. Develop an effective, focused and strong team by understanding: their abilities, unique contribution and broadening their skill set to be agile and prepared for any future business requirements.
- Supervision and responsibility of the laboratory area. Ensuring adherence to the highest EHS standards and other business compliance regulations. Lead/participate in risk assessments, audits and incident investigations
- Responsible for the maintenance of a high throughput laboratory though implementation of best practises and driving a culture of continuous improvement initiatives by deploying Six Sigma tools, recruitment, training and integration of new team members.
- Contribute to site management operational and strategic initiatives.
- Central to this objective will be the active engagement and communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to the highest standards of trustworthy and ethical behaviour in all interactions and hold others to the same standards; comply with all laws, policies and regulations; identify and address ethical issues without hesitation.
- Build Talent
- Build diverse talent with the capabilities necessary to succeed in commercial vaccine manufacture; inspire, reward and develop to ensure individuals reach their potential; make tough calls when necessary.
What skills you will need:
In order to excel in this role, you will more than likely have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes significant leadership roles with experience in a front-line supervisory role in operations environment (laboratory or manufacturing).
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies into an operational area.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science/Technical/Engineering). Masters/PhD preferred.
- Project Management qualification such as, Project Management Professional.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Demonstrates Inclusion and Our Company Leadership behaviours, including integrity, resilience and flexibility.
- Demonstrates the capability to lead a technical team
- Demonstrates the ability to hold team members responsible for results
- Realise improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment such a project teams, Six Sigma team, etc.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving and facilitation skills
- Advanced PC skills such as MS Office , MS Project
- Advance chromatography skills: experience with HPLCs, ASTRA, Empower software.
- Stakeholder management of multi-decision makers, colleagues, peers and cross functional teams
As a company, we are committed to ‘Inventing for Life’ in all that we do. We keep the patient at the very heart of all that we do and strive to find solutions and treatments for some of the world’s most challenging healthcare needs.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment.
So, if you are ready to:
Invent solutions to meet unmet healthcare needs, Impact the future by driving one of the world’s leading healthcare companies, and inspire your team to reach their full potential and push the boundaries of science and technology, please apply today.